Show us your SIKU models.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
For all things Siku; diecast or plastic!

TOPIC: Show us your SIKU models.

Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Siku should have its own category as they've been manufacturing quality toys for several decades.

I've had the one Volvo truck since I was 9yo and that one has literally fallen apart.

Even though I could've replaced it in the past ten years I never did a search for it.

Siku has a strange hold on retaining its value very well.

Every so often they do get imported locally, in this case New Zealand's emergency vehicle series - tailor made for a specific country.

My Siku collection is sporadic at the best description. I don't indulge into collecting them, but when I do, I splurge.

So at best I collect Siku every decade orso. This keeps the current collection quite small.

One of my favorites is a Digger Transporter. Here's a photo.

Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by RVREVO.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
I pickud up a Siku VW Crew Cab last week but now cant find it,a little Matchbox sized orange one.

Frame.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I know the one you mean.

got that and an Ambulance.

Just have no photos of them yet.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
My best Siku, by far! Magirus-Deutz fire truck #4115. It's full of features everywhere: all the rear doors open, the ladder parts are detachable and can be assembled to create an absolutely HUGE single ladder. The fire hose roll is deatchable as well. The hood opens, revealing a rather detailed engine. There's even a driver behind the wheel - exquisitely painted.

I got this one a while ago as part of a big Siku lot, and it's a bit embarrasing, but I hadn't really noticed this one one the auction photos, so imagine my delightful surprise when it arrived. I bid on that lot because it contained a couple of buses/coaches and I must say I really got superb vfm.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
That is AWESOME!!!

not too fussed that they got the NZ Fire Service wrong as they mostly use Scania trucks.

however, if this two-pack Unimog towing the boat was more a desert colour they would have the NZ Army Reserves.

Still, I like this pair.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Here's another Siku fire truck (hmmm, it's like being in that other thread ) This is cat# 2819, Mercedes 2232 BL30. As you can probably see, this one is not nearly as impressive as the Magirus, it's also not in the very best condition with some bits and pieces missing here and there and parts bent slightly out of shape. Nevertheless it's still not a bad model, just more... ordinary.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
That is AWESOME!!!

not too fussed that they got the NZ Fire Service wrong as they mostly use Scania trucks.

however, if this two-pack Unimog towing the boat was more a desert colour they would have the NZ Army Reserves.

Still, I like this pair.

Not bad, not bad at all. I like the many colors of plastic used on the boat (typical Siku) - others would simply use one color, possibly even one single piece, for all the 'clutter', but the way Siku has done it gives it a lot more detail.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
also two indentations to keep the boat snugly on the trailer... not holes.

so it can float not that plastic sinks.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Here's another Siku fire truck (hmmm, it's like being in that other thread ) This is cat# 2819, Mercedes 2232 BL30. As you can probably see, this one is not nearly as impressive as the Magirus, it's also not in the very best condition with some bits and pieces missing here and there and parts bent slightly out of shape. Nevertheless it's still not a bad model, just more... ordinary.

Got the same truck as a Car Transporter, albeit a little younger if the wheels are a clue to your Ladder truck's vintage.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Like this place is just like one of those independent Toy Shops Geelong West usually caters for anything to everything at times. Tates Toyworld is really known for its flying remote or by hand if you like model airplane and just about anything to do with modelling. 

Sorry but I bought something else Richard and left the Siku for another day. Their five pack has the sale price of $22 and these in the picture retail for $4.99.  So I don't know if that is about right or not. Some I do like and some well I'll would have to think about it.

Taits is over the road but I could not help myself with this one. They both told me (the dog and the pig) that their driver will only be a minute of two and we really don't mind the wind and rain at all.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I only have a couple of Siku one of which was a gift from a shop I make furniture for.

As discussed in other threads, the scale is a worry

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I think I'll fly over to Geelong for a shopping spree. LOL

And that's probably the oldest Siku I've ever seen.

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Siku #2518 - Volkswagen LT 28 Camper mit Caravan (1/55) Sorry, this is not my photo, not even my model... mine is packed away somewhere, but looks very near as perfect as this minter (mine is unboxed, though) - The special feature for this set is unfortunately not shown on the photo - in the back of the van is a camping table and some chairs for the holiday makers! You can take them out and arrange for a neat little diorama.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RVREVO

Re: Show us you SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
this is one set I missed out on once.

now I can look for it.

As an avid Veedub collector I simply must have it.

Re: Show us your SIKU models. 9 years, 4 months ago #15

Expert Boarder
These are the only two Siku vehicles that I have. They are not real common here in South Texas. The truck I picked up at a flea market and the car I found in a small store. The car looks like a Porsche in the front and a Corvette in the rear.