All about M2!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some of my M2 collection

Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #1

I know I have some more of these in the garage, and I'll try and dig them out later if I can find some spare time. To start it off, the M2 Chevrolet LCF (low cab forward). I have it in both blue and orange, and the chase version is black with gold rims and bumper.

Of course, I couldn't leave it alone, so the custom version.

Next up are the cars that I hve posted in other threads. 1966-67 Chevy Nova SS in silver and blue.

1957 Chevy Bel Air in red.

From Chrysler, the Dodge Superbird Daytona in black with gold trim.

And the Plymouth Roadrunner in chrome.

Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #2

Senior Boarder
Nice collection. I like the '57 Chevy and I have seen Mopars with the lift off fiberglass hoods up on supports in car shows just as the Roadrunner is displayed. M2's are just a wee pricy but it pays in the level of detail you get.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #3

Yes, the cost is more than Matchbox or Hot Wheels. The opening features, display box and level of detail more than make up for the extra cost. What I find interesting is the carded or boxed way they are packaged. I have the orange and blue Chevy trucks in both the box and on the card. My Wal Mart only sells them in the boxes, at least with this batch. I think all the ones I have in the garage are on cards, purchased at Wal Mart a few years back.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #4

I doesn't matter which packaging you buy, it still comes in the display box. I'm still looking for some boxes of stuff in the garage, that's where the orange trucks seem to have disappeared to, as well as the rest of the collection of M2s.

Here are the carded clamshell and the boxed versions of the Chevy LCF, and the custom version I made up. Can't wait for the Dodge and Ford versions due at the end of the month, with trailers. Got some great custom platforms on the way. It's nice to see someone doing unique and new to diecast vehicles, instead of the same old thing re-hashed.

Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by oldtruck56.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #5

Senior Boarder
The mirrors look great on the truck. Target also has the boxed cars. I got my Novas at Toys-R-Us which also seems to be my only outlet to Tomica-Tomy cars. My local store here is clearing them out so that source may dry up as well

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
If you buy it in the clam-shell, it doesn't have the clear plastic top for the base. I prefer the boxes, easier to display just as they are. My 5 M2s are spread throughout the site. They're a fantastic product.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #7

Hmmm...haven't opened a clamshell yet. Didn't know that. It looks like the top is in there, but it could be that the plastic keeper inside the clamshell is throwing me off. Eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Optical illusion. I thought it was in there too...until I opened one of the stake-beds.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Well, to keep them dust free you won't be opening but one, maybe, to find out?

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #10

Unless I get the urge to make another custom, I won't be opening anymore of them. I will when the Dodge comes out, got plans for one of them.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
That is why a guy like you buys 2 of them. One to customize and the other for the collection of untouched.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #12

Senior Boarder
My two little Novas came without any box but was a 2 pack with both of them on a car lift. The lift and its base are stackable and their web site shows that a '5-pack' of lifts (without cars) is availible. The lifts are metal and would make a great addition to a diorama.
Last Edit: 9 years, 3 months ago by possum.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #13

Senior Boarder
Here is a shot of a Ford Model "T" (unknown orgin, has a model number and 'Made in Honk Kong) sitting atop the M2 lift.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #14

Yes, and Greenlight has all the rest of the shop tools in a pack, or each piece separately with select cars in 64th scale. The tool pack should be out within the next week or so. Floor jack, engine hoist, roll away stack and jack stands are included along with a creeper, if I remember correctly.

Re: Some of my M2 collection 9 years, 3 months ago #15

Senior Boarder
Yes, and Greenlight has all the rest of the shop tools in a pack, or each piece separately with select cars in 64th scale. The tool pack should be out within the next week or so. Floor jack, engine hoist, roll away stack and jack stands are included along with a creeper, if I remember correctly.

This is great news. I look forward to their release. It is often a fun Challenge to find items to use in a diorama that fit. I just may swipe next months car budget for them. Thanks for the information Rob
  • Page: