Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you build diecast dioramas of any scale or type, here's where you can show them off!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain.

Re: Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain. 9 years, 11 months ago #16

Gold Boarder
Yes, Jim. I had seen photos of some of the cloth topped stuff and that gave me the idea for te  canvas.  I thought the stuff i had was OK, but it is a bit thick.  I'm a stubborn "B" so I'll stick at it, I'll get it right eventually. Thinking I may have to try a smaller guage wire as well.  I used bronze welding wire for this effort and it does look too thick in hindsight.  Could almost call it a roll bar!

That Dodge Royal is awesome by the way!!  Nice job.

Re: Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain. 9 years, 11 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
If you are looking for some good strong wire, then try and get some Piano wire, which we used to make very long drilling bits by flattening one end then sharpening the end, so we could drill very fine holes in vacuum form moulds used for making ABS plastic panels for those bodgie craft, I mean Body Craft ambulances at North Shore Geelong. Also the wire can be used for replacements on those drooping Hotwheels and Matchbox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeT

Re: Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain. 9 years, 11 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
And if that is not thick enough try umbrella stays. They work great for all sorts of things.

Re: Comparing notes?, do you think it might rain. 9 years, 11 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Yes them too I forgot about them
  • Page: