Old Shoebox garage updated
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you build diecast dioramas of any scale or type, here's where you can show them off!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Old Shoebox garage updated

Old Shoebox garage updated 10 years, 1 month ago #1

Gold Boarder

Updated the Old Shoebox garage, too small to be a workshop, so it's now the showroom.  Workshop out back, still waiting for my hoist, and will get around to some fencing and gates, as time permits.

This one actually has a roof!! Which can be opened.  Skylights to be added shortly.

Still trying to source some "staff", hard to find down under.   Hope you enjoy

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 10 years, 1 month ago #2

Looks great George, keep on buying new shoes

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 10 years, 1 month ago #3

Gold Boarder
I'm too cheap for that.  These boxes were left behind by guests at our apartments, so i didn't even buy these. Glad you liked the shots. Will improve on it over the next months with fences, gates and sky lights so the interiors can vbe seen.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #4

Gold Boarder

Managed to get some more work done on the OLD SHOEBOX MOTORS.  Added some skylights and fencing, gates that can close and some brickwalls.  Looking for ideas for something to use as barb wire on the top of the fence, and I need to source some 1/64 mechanics.

Skylights were cut from the plastic display cases that the cars came in, fence mesh is flyscreen, with wire coat hanger posts.  Roofs coverered with cotton tape, then sprayed silver with a red over that.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Looking good George.

Frame.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeT

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
George---nice job and very creative use of those boxes! The whole effect comes off quite well!

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
That looks so real ,I might have to make something like that.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #8

Gold Boarder
I'd recommend it, a bit of a challenge but great fun, very relaxing, and didn't cost me anything.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
George, I don't know if you have seen fences like yours but up here in Canada, there is an angled bar on the top of the fence post that points outwards on about a 45 degree angle. This then has about 3 rows of either Barbed wire or Razor wire attached to it. This will keep most of the baddies out. You might be able to do something with your coat hangers and put a bend in the top of a longer one to simulate the top of a real fence.
This is the top of such a fence.

Here is another type but still has the angle on the top

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
1:64 figures are impossible to find almost everywhere George, I've been looking for some time.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #11

Gold Boarder
Gave some thought to the style of fence you have shown there, we use a similar treatment down here as well  My problem is storage, as I live in/operate serviced apartments, so don't have a designated room or space for my dioramas.  Unfortuneately they have to be packed away after I play with them.  So I tried to keep the fence simple and withing the confines of the base board, purely for storage purposes. My thoughts were maybe something like a coil of wire that just sat a top the fence.  I'll come up with something.

The 1/64 figures, rare as.  I have a number of 1/43 mechanics sets and a few extras I got off purchased dioramas, also have about 50 @ 1/50, but they are too small for the 1/43 and too large for the 1/64.  I got them off ebay, from China!!, and was told they were 1/64. May have lost something in the translation. lol.  I'll keep looking.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I get away with 1:76 in certain pictures but doesn't work all the time

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Yes Jim I have been looking out my front windows every day at those cyclone type fences that are to let people in, but hard for them to get out. So they say if a person doesn't have a ladder or a pair of good wire cutters then they are stuck. The corrugated iron was added on much later. The Cat is pushing excavating dirt on a heap. They have finished doing the redeemable works. In other words decontaminating the soil from years of pollutions like petrol and oil stuff.

There is a big super box hardware store going there soon. Goodies galore.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
That is just across from you, is it not? Wow, how close do you want or need to be to a store that sells what you collect. Can I have one too, please.

Re: Old Shoebox garage updated 9 years, 11 months ago #15

Got to watch the figures from China as they will tell you they are one scale and send you "close to" that scale. I've seen 76th scale sold as 87th or vise versa, and bought some for 1/160 that are closer to 1/144. I'd rather buy them from a reputable source and know they are right sized for the project I'm working on.
  • Page: