My Vintage Hard Wood Garage
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you build diecast dioramas of any scale or type, here's where you can show them off!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage

My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
<p>
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
pic host<br /><br />
chase bank atm near me<br /><br />
<br /><br />
<br /><br />
best image hosting websites</p>

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Finally here are some pictures of my recently acquired wooden garage that I just need to finish making a new ramp to the roof for.

The Spot on Zodiac and the Corgi Jaguar were both received at the same time from the same person and as you can probably see are in well worn condition.

I do NOT intend to restore these particular vehicles nor the tractor as I like the barn-find look on them.

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Lovely garage and a new ramp will complete it. Great to see. I myself would restore the cars. Not into tractors and I have a few Dinky here that could use a restoration. To me they look old and worn out and not worth the metal they are made of. I love to take them back to the day they left the toy store in some child's hands. Drooling over the box on the way home and not being able to wait to get there. That is what I remember when my grandfather would take me to the toy store near where I lived in Vancouver BC Canada. Always enjoyed the time like that with my Grandfather. Been a lot of years since he passed in 1988 and I miss him dearly.

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yes, Grandparents are special kind of people, I will always remember my Granny who bought me many a toy car after a walk into town and then usually a bus ride home which I always found exciting!

Luckily, I do not mind keeping the odd old car in such a state as think some vehicles are better off being left 'o natural' , plus I have many cars will eventually restore anyway.

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
<p>Someone fiddled with that Corgi Jaguar. Can you see if there is a flywheel inside?</p>

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks, there was no need ot dismantle the model, I just asked if you could see the flywheel. Now that you opened it, you can see the wheel is gone. It should be under that big holder on the base.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
put it back together now, interesting to see the construction anyways not too worried about this old thing.

Re: My Vintage Hard Wood Garage 2 years, 4 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
The screws showed that it had been opened once before and these are riveted, I think.
  • Page: