Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you build diecast dioramas of any scale or type, here's where you can show them off!

TOPIC: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City)

Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #1

Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by DioMakr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jclevering

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #2

Like what you've done here. Are you making your own building or have you found a supply of 64th scale kits someplace?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DioMakr

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hello surf up lets go surfin

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I've said it before and I'll say it again, amazing scenery.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Very nice work and I love the theme. It must take quite a few hours, day, weeks to get these done.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #6

Senior Boarder
Thanks for all the comments

You can find out a lot more about the layout, models, etc. here:

Some of the buildings are 1/64 scale (Ertl) but many are slightly modified 1/48 scale and/or scratchbuilt entirely.  I don't really have any How-to shots, but here a few more showing the "big" picture...

1stPixDiecast Dioramas FAQ

1stPix Diorama layout: 1st & 2nd Level aerial view by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

1/64 scale Desert Highway Layout by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Tunnel Diecast Diorama: Wide angle aerial view by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Mystic Beach Diorama Level 1 & 2 by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

It's a work in progress... Thanks 4 visitin'
Last Edit: 10 years, 6 months ago by DioMakr.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hey,thats great...looks lots of fun. Nice.

If I lay off the red I could get my layout on the go.

Regards,Frame.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
For me it is the amber liquid. lOL

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 5 months ago #9

Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by DioMakr.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 5 months ago #10

Senior Boarder
Here's a few more shots in and around Mystic Beach:

Vintage Jeep Club Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

FDMB Critical Incident Response Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

Baynard Police Robbery In-Progress Diecast Diorama by PMC 1stPix, on Flickr

thanks 4 visitin
Last Edit: 10 years, 5 months ago by DioMakr.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 4 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I like how the former FDNY rigs have covered hose bays. Gives it a finished, more complete look.
Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by StarbaseBravo.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 4 months ago #12

Sadly, the covered hose bed came about because of riots. They would throw Molotov Cocktails at the engines when they were responding to fire alarms. The tarps were used to help protect the hose loads, and plywood was used to protect the fire fighters that rode in open cab rigs. Code 3 Collectibles made several versions of the CF Mack with covered hose beds similar to Engine 34's rig shown below.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 4 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Interesting. Yep, the CFs are pretty nice.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 4 months ago #14

My second favorite Mack cab, B models will always be my favorites. I've had the opportunity to drive a couple of B model Fire engines over the years, and almost bought a Mack C cab pumper in the mid 90s. The tarps over the hose bed have become standard on most departments. Here they are a necessity to keep the dust and dirt from the miles of unpaved roads in our area. There is nothing worse than trying to thead a section of hose together when it's full of sand and dust.

Re: Quick Tour around Mystic Beach (1/64 Diecast City) 10 years, 4 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
wow that is amazing i love it, my daughter would enjoy playing on layout like that, come to think of it so would i.