Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
We're delighted to announce that the very popular Oxford Diecast have agreed to host their forum on Toy Collector. Here's where you can discuss Oxford Diecasts past and present, ideas for new models you'd like to see and more. Oxford Diecast themselves will be stopping in from time to time, but please note that you can't use the forum to communicate directly with them if, for example, you've ordered a model that hasn't arrived yet or anything like that.

TOPIC: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #76

Platinum Boarder
As we say : "money has no smell".
And we are stupid. We bought more and more VW just after knowing they have cheated with our health.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
<p>Well I've never bought VW and a rude VW owner said my Vauxhall was rubbish when I'd just bought it. At least it doesn't have an emissions issue......</p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
I have always bought Ford. But we bought a VW Toureg (3 litre V6) and towed a 26 foot caravan for 10,000 miles (16000 kms) in it, all round Portugal & Spain, then back to the U.K. Picked up our furniture and towed a 2 ton (2000 kgs) trailer back to Spain when we moved to here. Then empty trailer back to the U.K. it used half a litre of oil in all that.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Had a few Fords in my time and will never buy one again. Too many problems. I have also had a couple VW cars but with not much success except for a Diesel Notch back I had for a few years. Rusted out floor boards in the rear but it had a diesel engine in it and it got about 55 MPG so I was happy. It was only a work vehicle anyway. Carried lots of carpenter tools for a few years but gave up the ghost eventually. It think it was a late 1970's bit can't really remember.
I have usually had Chevy and they can be a pain too but then aren't they all at one time or another? My Current Hyundai is good so far and I have doubled the mileage on it since I bought it in 2013 with minimum repairs other than maintenance and tires.
I don't understand how the Silver Ghost could end up with a VW car maker. That is just weird.
No, there in very little to no common sense these days.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #80

Gold Boarder
<p>I always thought that it was a matter of National disgrace when Rolls-Royce and Bentley were sold to Foreign buyers. However, I do believe that without the input of massive amounts of outside money, neither company could have survived for much longer. The introduction of modern high-technology systems and gadgetry could only come as a result of economies of scale possible in the new parent companies. Recent models have been aimed at a dynamic, younger "New Money" market rather than the traditionally discreet Aristocratic or professional buyer. The post-takeover models, R-R in particular, have lost their traditional elegant exclusivity in favour of extravagant "bling" and tyre-shredding performance.</p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
<p>Without the influx of German money I think RR and Bentley would have survived in some way or another. Don't forget that these are the strongest and most expensive automotive brand names on this planet. But it would have been a very uncertain situation with possible money hungry investors on the prowl.</p>
<p><br /> &lt;p&gt;The deal with the Germans was concluded on a golf course. RR PLC (aero space division) did not allow VW to get hold of the RR automotive name and therefore BMW won that part of the deal. Next VW became the owner of Bentley, but why VW were also given the RR Silver Ghost and Little Sue 10 HP cars, is  something which escapes all logic.</p>
<p><br /> &lt;p&gt;Selling RR to the Germans did hurt a lot of people in Britain, also because of the legacy of BMW providing engines to the German planes which attacked the UK in the Battle of Britain against the Rolls Royce powered British Spitfires and Hurricanes. That will never be forgotten.&lt;/p&gt;</p>
<p><br /> &lt;p&gt;Discreet and professional buyers were already on the back foot when these brands were still in British hands. With the launch of the RR Silver Shadow/Bentley T, these cars became the target of pop stars, dj's and all sorts of non aristocratic buyers. But nevertheless they kept their elegance and restrained luxury performace, something which has gone completely out of the window since the German treatment. Now even going so far as making both a Bentley and RR cross- over SUV. Rolls Royce and Bentley have become a part of the world wide mono culture, a kind of I-phone on four wheels.</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Well, it should increase the value of all the RR and Bentley's from pre sale to VW and BMW. If the Iconic cars are not being produced in the same fashion I would think that the older ones would see a bump in price. After all, The new ones are not real RR or B anymore but mire shadows of the past with a twist to the future, no matter how bleak it looks for these cars.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 4 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
<p>The value of vintage automobiles fluctuates, mostly due to economic circumstances.</p>
<p>I don't know if values of RR and Bentley cars are influenced by the fact that they are no longer made in the UK and that they have deviated from their original status, look and feel.</p>
<p>In the case of RR and Bentley it is all about their rarity, provenance and unique features. That means that any pre war RR and Bentley, which are all coachbuilt bespoke examples, will keep their respective value to a greater extend than their post war "run of the mill" standardised models (although some features can still be very bespoke, like the upholstery)</p>
<p>Different cars for different tastes, and in the case of German built models I will decline.</p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
My Hooper Empress Silver Cloud can now take her rightful place in my collection.

This really is a beautiful model. Mine for a mere £20!

Rollerman.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Impressive colour scheme while the photo imaging is terrific without any code garbage picked up on the uploading. How did you manage this.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
James, post using Quick Reply NOT Reply Topic. Not code garbage.
Love the lines on this Rolls. The trunk/boot suits it better than others with similar side treatment of the bodywork. The grille looks great on this front end. Classic.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
<p>Newly announced by Oxford Diecast to be launched later this year:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
screen shot windows</p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #88

Will they be part of your collection when they are available?

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #89

Platinum Boarder
<p>RoutemasterNL wrote:
Will they be part of your collection when they are available?
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Probably yes. Both the Phantom III and V are the third color variant of these models.</p>
<p>But before they become available, I expect these to be issued first:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #90

Platinum Boarder
<p>And today I got the notification that the Silver Dawn is now available.</p>
<p>I am thinking of ordering it.</p>
<p>
screencast</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The real deal:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>