Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
We're delighted to announce that the very popular Oxford Diecast have agreed to host their forum on Toy Collector. Here's where you can discuss Oxford Diecasts past and present, ideas for new models you'd like to see and more. Oxford Diecast themselves will be stopping in from time to time, but please note that you can't use the forum to communicate directly with them if, for example, you've ordered a model that hasn't arrived yet or anything like that.

TOPIC: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #61

Gerrit,
we have a picture upload problem..... I will send you an email how to upload pictures for the time being......

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
<p>Thanks Theo the pictures are included now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There is something strange going on with this site, things like logging in are different.</p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
</p>
<p>Ecclesley wrote:
</p>
<p>Now available at O.D.</p>
<p>Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I Hooper Empress two tone blue, I ordered it forthwith, ETA 10 days.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
<p>Nice looking two-tone light green and is that Navy blue? I like the rear doors as they make it so much easier to get into and out of these cars. They are called suicide doors for a very good reason.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks Nobleco.</p>
<p>The color is two tone blue, there is no green involved.</p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
We have been having problems with the site and you can go to the Testing Treads and read all about the Devolution of the site there. Seems a Google cloud transfer to a new server did not go well for the companies whole platform. We are just one small piece of that and it is taking time. We may think we have over 125,000 members but there are less than 50 who are active. You do the math.
Walk arounds have been done and Theo will bring you up to date with his email. Testing thread is another place to see at least two picture uploading methods but the first no longer works

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Use postimage.org for posting pictures. Copy the hotlink for forums.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
<p>She arrived today, Rolls Royce Silver Cloud Hooper Empress by Oxford Diecast.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Looking really, really nice! Oxford must certainly be one of, if not THE best brand in the vfm department. It's really interesting how they can make a profit (hopefully) with their prices, while others (no names mentioned) charge so much more for similar quality.

Seems to indicate, that either Oxford are extremely good at negotiating good deals with the manufacturers, or the others inflate their prices a lot for max profit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
<p>Teebodk wrote:
Looking really, really nice! Oxford must certainly be one of, if not THE best brand in the vfm department. It's really interesting how they can make a profit (hopefully) with their prices, while others (no names mentioned) charge so much more for similar quality. Seems to indicate, that either Oxford are extremely good at negotiating good deals with the manufacturers, or the others inflate their prices a lot for max profit.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>OD is a lot of value for your money. Their range of cars, vehicles, trucks, military, planes, trains etc. in all kinds of scales, is huge and growing.</p>
<p>They must be doing good business I presume.</p>
<p>This car I bought through Hattons in the UK and was delivered at my door at just a sniff under 24 quid.</p>
<p>Meanwhile I have converted it into a Bentley S1 which sits nicely next its RR brother, previously issued by OD.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>
take a screenshot</p>
<p>
picture upload</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 5 years, 11 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Good collection of those Oxford scale models gathering on here. Do have some Land Rover's but I let them go until things improve. Cheers.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Great looking car and nice easy conversion. Good to see them both side by side.
On another topic, Rolls Royce just announced a new car for this year and it is supposed to be first shown in Vancouver BC Canada at a new dealership. That is if I heard the news report yesterday correctly. I think it is a Phantom VIII

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Great looking car and nice easy conversion. Good to see them both side by side. On another topic, Rolls Royce just announced a new car for this year and it is supposed to be first shown in Vancouver BC Canada at a new dealership. That is if I heard the news report yesterday correctly. I think it is a Phantom VIII
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks Jim, for you appraisal.</p>
<p>These new fangled RR are not my cup of tea. My interest in RR motorcars stops at 1980 (Silver Shadow), everything made after that year, I do avoid.</p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
Probably a good thing as in my opinion the older cars are more beautiful than what they make today. Besides, this one starts at over $350.000 US right now. Just a bit out of my league.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
<p>The Rolls Royce Silver Spirit (and derivatives), from 1980 to 1989, was a plain ugly car, a model which lost all the elegance of its forebears.</p>
<p>Next came the Silver Seraph, a BMW with a Rolls Royce shell.</p>
<p>And when were finally sold to the Germans, Rolls Royce to BMW) and Bentley to VW, they all got the proverbial German panzer styling, and became cars which could largely challenge Porsche in terms of acceleration and speed. That alone is something which does not belong to RR at all, but Germans generally ljke to overbuilt cars in any way, just to show who is powerful.</p>
<p>The most dreadful result of the sale to the Germans is the fact that the original 1906 Silver Ghost (probably the most expensive car in the world) and one of its rare predecessors are now owned by Volkswagen, who builts Bentleys................</p>
<p> </p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
Somehow VW owning the Silver Ghost just sounds wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 5 years, 11 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Somehow VW owning the Silver Ghost just sounds wrong.
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>A mass producer of VW Polos and Golfs, and a diesel cheater at that, with one of the world's most famous, precious and rare cars. Go figure.</p>
<p>It's like selling the crown jewels to the Chinese, the Humber and Tower bridges to the Arabs.</p>
<p>A lot has changed in this world, notably common sense.</p>