Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
We're delighted to announce that the very popular Oxford Diecast have agreed to host their forum on Toy Collector. Here's where you can discuss Oxford Diecasts past and present, ideas for new models you'd like to see and more. Oxford Diecast themselves will be stopping in from time to time, but please note that you can't use the forum to communicate directly with them if, for example, you've ordered a model that hasn't arrived yet or anything like that.

TOPIC: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #106

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nobleco wrote:
Looks like they have done the car justice with this model. Looks very nice. What makes the real one "almost", color?
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It is not the color or the reg #, which are both correct.</p>
<p>The styling of the real black/green car, although also done by Thrupp and Maberly, is a bit different from the modelcar. The model car is more razor edged than the real car, which is just a sniff more rounded in the roof line etc.</p>
<p>This is because this model car is just a color variant of the previous Thrupp and Maberly 25/30 by O.D.</p>
<p>The previous 25/30 was modelled after this car:</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>From which they made this one:</p>
<p>
free photo hosting</p>
<p>It is all in the detail. Practically no pre war Rolls Royce, which were all bespoke coach built items are the same, even if done by the same coach builder.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #107

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, I think I see that in the roof line. Subtle differences that most would not pick up on.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #108

Platinum Boarder
Oxford Diecast have been around for sometime now and by the looks of the variety of models they are producing is terrific. I see they have also produced the Corgi Land Rover and Bloodhound set including the launcher. I really like the idea of showing the actual full scale vehicle that the models are styled on for comparison. Many cheers.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #109

Platinum Boarder
<p>Got these three models delivered today.</p>
<p>First of all the latest issue from O.D., the green and black Rolls Royce 25/30 HP. I am really fond of this well made model:</p>
<p>
picture hosting</p>
<p>Next this sand over sable colored Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I. This model was issued some 6 months ago. Not an easy model to duplicate but O.D. did very, very well.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>And finally in 1/76th scale, this Rolls Royce Phantom V James Young Limousine, also issued 6 months ago. Another well made model.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #110

Platinum Boarder
<p>Nice models &amp; great colours</p>
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #111

Platinum Boarder
I agree and I really like the older models the best. Thanks for showing your latest additions to your growing RR collection from OD.

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #112

Platinum Boarder
Since the bonnet doesn’t open on the Cloud what makes it a 1, is there a difference between 1 & 2 ?

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #113

Platinum Boarder
<p>Dinkydi wrote:
Since the bonnet doesn’t open on the Cloud what makes it a 1, is there a difference between 1 &amp; 2 ?
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As the panelling was exactly the same and not even a model badge (although considered) had been fitted, all external details are identical between a 1 and 2 Cloud.</p>
<p>The main difference is the engine, Cloud I has a 4,9 ltr. straight 6, Cloud II a 6,2 ltr. V8. So a keen ear could have heard the difference when both cars went past.</p>
<p>Further differences can be found inside the car. The lay out of the facia was somewhat re-arranged, and the diameter of the steering wheel had shrunk from 18 to 17 inches.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 3 months ago #114

3 great additions, Oxford really knows how to make fantastic replicas

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 2 months ago #115

Platinum Boarder
<p>Just released at Oxford Diecast</p>
<p>Hooper Silver Cloud I 1/43 scale</p>
<p>
<br /><br />
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The real deal:</p>
<p>
foto uploaden forum</p>
<p> </p>
<p>James Young PV scale 1/76</p>
<p>
<br /><br /></p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Ecclesley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Oxford Diecast and their real world protoypes 2 years, 2 months ago #116

Platinum Boarder
<p>And she arrived today, 1/43 scale Oxford Diecast Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I, Hooper Empress Line</p>
<p>
<br /><br />
<br /><br /></p>
<p>As well as the 1/76 scale James Young Phantom V</p>
<p>
free image upload</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by Ecclesley.