We're delighted to announce that the very popular Oxford Diecast have agreed to host their forum on Toy Collector. Here's where you can discuss Oxford Diecasts past and present, ideas for new models you'd like to see and more. Oxford Diecast themselves will be stopping in from time to time, but please note that you can't use the forum to communicate directly with them if, for example, you've ordered a model that hasn't arrived yet or anything like that.

TOPIC: Oxford Diecast

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #76

Little bigger actually, depending on the models. I have a couple trucks, lorries really, from Oxford and am quite impressed with the details. For 76th scale they sure pack a bunch of details into them.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #77

Platinum Boarder
That is a Moko Lesney on top so yes, about the same scale, maybe a little smaller as I think some MB are 1:72 and then the larger scales

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #78

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Oldtruck56, great details and the front end on this truck is very nice.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 10 months ago #79

Platinum Boarder
Well I could not resist. After a good month on my eBay store I decided to treat myself to the Trailer and a couple of the Land Rover Flat Back trucks, as they are called. About $35.00 or so to land at my post office so am quite happy with a mostly complete set. I don't know if I will buy a full set of 8 Land Rovers but I can see 3 or 4 more in the near future. Great truck and trailer, great detail on them and the little Land Rovers them selves. Well worth the money for a small scale vehicle like this 1:76 has turned out to be.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 10 months ago #80

Platinum Boarder

All the same scale and I am very happy with this set so far. Under $70.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 10 months ago #81

Platinum Boarder
There are more photos in my gallery. Look for the My Oxford Diecast folder.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 9 months ago #82

Platinum Boarder
Well just had a very nice browse though this section, and found some nice Oxford diecasts I will have to look out for

Think it's only right to add my new one here and also my first true Oxford diecast.

Just had to take it out of the box but now safely return for now.

With Matchbox version for comparision

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 9 months ago #83

Platinum Boarder
One of my favorite Bedfords, and one that was everywhere (1:1) during my early years - guess these two things are connected Unfortunately I don't think anybody makes it in 1/43 - unless it's something so expensive that it might as well not exist.

Beautiful detailing for a 1/76!

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 9 months ago #84

Platinum Boarder
Bedford TK generator truck, 1:76 scale

Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by Scruffyhippo.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 8 months ago #85

Platinum Boarder
Wow Jim gotta get me one of those transporters, very nice and detail is good.

Now is that the same as the Dinky Car Carrier, but just smaller scale.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 8 months ago #86

Platinum Boarder
Similar but not the same. There are pics of the real trucks on line if you do a google search. This is 1:76 scale so small but very detailed. I am impressed and like them very much. I am going to get more Land Rovers for them too.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 8 months ago #87

Platinum Boarder
Jay, take a look at this Land Rover site for a pic of the real truck.

www.phpbbplanet.com/clrforum/viewtopic.p...&mforum=clrforum

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 1 month ago #88

Platinum Boarder
I have just received a couple wins at BIN on these lovely Oxford Diecast. 1:76 scale. Land Rover and Mini.

This one is the British Rail Land Rover with Canvas back and 109" WB.

I also bought this nice little Mini Austin. They call it Old English White/Black Austin Mini.

I think they will both look good on the Rover Transporter even if the Mini is not a Rover, the driver still has to get home.

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 1 month ago #89

There are lots of OD around here, so I know the detail on these is very good, very nice cars Jim

Re: Oxford Diecast 8 years, 1 month ago #90

Platinum Boarder
The only place I have to buy them is online. I don't think the hobby shops or other stores here have them. I have never see any Oxford Diecast over here.