We're delighted to announce that the very popular Oxford Diecast have agreed to host their forum on Toy Collector. Here's where you can discuss Oxford Diecasts past and present, ideas for new models you'd like to see and more. Oxford Diecast themselves will be stopping in from time to time, but please note that you can't use the forum to communicate directly with them if, for example, you've ordered a model that hasn't arrived yet or anything like that.

TOPIC: Oxford Diecast

Re:Oxford Diecast 9 years, 4 months ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Jensen Intercepor Mk3 Royal Blue.

Re:Oxford Diecast 9 years, 4 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Bought this one this afternoon, a R.I.P. Daimler hearse.

Re:Oxford Diecast 9 years, 4 months ago #63

Platinum Boarder
1/76 Commer ambulance.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 4 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
Post Office Ambulance... hmmm, really weird thing.

Customer: "I'd like to send this parcel to my mom"

Post office worker: "That'll be £965, thank you!"

Customer passes out and drops to the floor

Post office worker. "Hey, we need the post office ambulance over here... again!"

Seriously though, what's that all about?

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 4 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
It's not for the customers - it's for the employees.  Haven't you heard the American saying "going postal"? 

I can't stand talking to another stupid customer and sorting their letter with no zip code on it! I'm gonna' go postal!

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 3 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
Amphibious Car Challenge by Oxford  +/-  1/50 scale.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 3 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
That is funny Karl, We just ended a Postal Lockout/Strike here. I have not heard of anyone going Postal here in Canada,,,,, Yet.

It's not for the customers - it's for the employees.  Haven't you heard the American saying "going postal"? 

I can't stand talking to another stupid customer and sorting their letter with no zip code on it! I'm gonna' go postal!
Last Edit: 9 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #68

Platinum Boarder
just received this great set..

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #69

Platinum Boarder
Amarsden5, that is a really nice set. What did that set you back and did you buy it off eBay or at a real brick and mortar store? I would love to have this set.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
I bought it online off Trademe for NZ$88 (the truck & trailer and one landy)and the other landys cost $10 each from a model store..

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
not Oxford but restored Matchbox seen recently..

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #72

Platinum Boarder
Very nice models and very nice job.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
another one..

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
Well, my Oxford Land Rover Car Carrier arrived in the mail today. The to ramp was loose in the box so must have come loose in shipping. No damage was done that I could see.

Here are a few pictures of this neat toy. The sides of the truck are plastic so as to make raising and lowering the top deck easier as it has to be spread a part to lower the deck. The silver arms just slide inside the truck and are not attached to anything.

Nice detail for the scale of 1:76 and I have a Moko Lesney that is the same scale you will see in the last couple of pictures.

I think I will be adding the Trailer and at least one car soon as this is a nice set for the scale and nicely detailed.

Re: Oxford Diecast 9 years, 2 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Jim-- Very nice model...it looks like you and I both just got new Oxford models about the same time. I am very impressed with the overall quality and great detail. Mine is the Jaguar Mk 8 in 1/43 scale. Are the 1/76 about Matchbox size?