Mira Spain Ford Fiesta
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta

Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #1

Platinum Boarder

This is a very nice model of a Ford Fiesta Mk1 which I bought in the late 70's early 80's . It is Matchbox size & I believe that this was the first toy of this model I have another larger scale one which is in a plastic box I will post picture later. I also have a green Fiat 1500 from Mira which I have stored away.

Last Edit: 6 years ago by Andy66.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hello Andy66, There was another Ford Fiesta released in 1978, the 1/43rd scale diecast from 'SOLIDO', so at the moment, we don't know exactly which one was first!!

Yours is a later version with all plastic wheels with the 'Hot-Foiled' pattern, similar to the "Matchbox" 'Superfast' wheels.

Rollerman.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #3

Platinum Boarder
When was the dinky toys version made

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #4

Platinum Boarder
AH! I forgot the Dinky version, that came out during 1980, but was in fact of Spanish 'AUTO-PILEN' origin from 1979 I believe, not exactly sure, but it will be the first if it can be found that the 'PILEN' came out during 1977!

Rollerman.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Mebetoys also had a Fiesta, #A127 (scale 1/43), not sure when it was made. Mine has the later type 'speedwheels' and I don't know if it was ever available with the older wheels.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #6

Platinum Boarder
...and yet another one pops-up. The 'MEBETOYS' catalogue for 1978 shows both 1/43rd and 1/25th scale models of the Mk 1 Ford Fiesta, with 'normal' wheels, but many models have been converted into 'Look-A-Like' Hot Wheels versions for the 1979 catalogue.

So, we now have several models vying for the first commercially available model of a Mk 1 Ford Fiesta...any more anyone!!

Rollerman.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Here is the (Auto-)Pilen version for reference

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Yet another one, 1/43 from Norev's JetCar series.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #9

Platinum Boarder
And one more, from Polistil, scale 1/25. They were kind enough to use a date stamp on the baseplate, just like Solido did. On the Fiesta it says 6/78.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Teebodk, forgotton who started this thread now and it seems it needs to be renaimed...Who made the first model Ford Fiesta?

Rollerman.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Some great replies & pictures of other models here many thanks, I may be wrong with believing that this was the first model of a Fiesta, the reason I believed that this was the first,is that I used to always be on the look out for cars that were actually on the day to day roads especially when a new British car came out & this was the first I came across, I had & still have the Polistil one & books have said it is hard to come by but I have seen a few , however I know this one came out after I bought the Mira one. Here is another I have from Spain it is 1/24 & made by Nacoral S.A.

I have seen a later rally version of the Mira model.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Does anyone know if Dave Turner is still active in the collecting World. He is well informed on all Ford toys and models and he ran a very long multi-part article on Fords during the Eighties and early Nineties in the British magazine...'Model Auto Review', would be great if he could come 'On-Board' and teach us a thing or two about Ford models.

Rollerman.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Just looked a web site Toys from the past & they have the Mira model on there with the older type wheels it says these were probably changed to the new type very early in the models release it says the model came out in 1978 & is quite hard to find in good condition, it came in a plastic see through box just like the some of the other different makes pictured in this topic, it is a pity they don't mention what month it came out.

They have a picture of a Guiloy model which came out in 1980 made in Spain.
Last Edit: 6 years ago by Andy66.

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #14

Platinum Boarder
found this one for sale on ebay

Re: Mira Spain Ford Fiesta 6 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
It's funny how a picture is starting to emerge, that the Fiesta was very popular with diecast brands of France, Italy and Spain... and nowhere else. I would have expected versions from (among others) Corgi, Matchbox, Schuco and Gama, but there doesn't seem to be any.

With Corgi, I guess one reason could be, that they made the very similarly sized (and looking) VW Polo in 1/36th scale, and - as the scale implies - this was right in the middle of their "bigger is better"-period, so small cars wasn't really a priority.

Schuco... well, they did make some Fords, but as a whole they were probably more Audi- and VW-oriented at this stage.

Gama... I really don't understand. Maybe they did make one and there's just none for sale at the moment, but it would fit perfectly in their range.
  • Page: