Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Grip Zechin

Re: Grip Zechin 3 years, 7 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Of my collection, only two don't have boxes which I am always on the look out for.

There is only one other model in the catalogue that I don't have and its another ghost as I have never even seen a picture other than the one in the catalogue. So who knows if it even exists. Then again the Ferry appeared, so who knows.

There are 5 model numbers missing from the catalogue so not sure what they are or "if" they are.

Re: Grip Zechin 3 years, 7 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
I only have 3 models from this range: #7 and #9 (both boxed) and an unboxed, playworn Hitachi wheeled 'construction thingy' (as seen on photo 3 of the very first post in this thread)

Like others, I became quite fascinated with these models when I first discovered them - so small, yet so full of working features that you'd be surprised to find on even 1/43 scale.

They really don't look very sturdy to me, but maybe they're not as flimsy as they first appear - my Hitachi has visible signs of quite a lot of playtime (several paint chips), yet it remains complete and in full working order except for the missing bucket.

Interestingly I have a wheeled loader, which I first believed to be a Grip Zechin too: same size, same finish and several matching features, but it's not a Grip, but a Tomica. I wonder if these two brands had a 'rivalry' going back then, for this rather niche market of small-scale construction vehicles?
  • Page: