Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #61

Expert Boarder
This?

I have take UHU glue

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Very cool fire/rescue crane truck!  

Do you have a photo of the olive drab one?  I think that is the only Volvo.  The rest are Scanias.  (Sorry if i have too many questions!)

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #63

Expert Boarder
I have no problems with Your questions.  I think, that all lorries are vabis.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #64

Platinum Boarder
You are right!  They are all Scania-Vabis!  The 1st photo looked like the cab did not have the 2nd window...  (I have bad eyes!)

Cool stuff - thanks for the extra photos!

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Interesting design with those long nose or bonneted Scania Vabis vehicles and seemed to be uneque to Europe trucks

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #66

Platinum Boarder
Yep, these are cool old trucks.  here are the dates of the real one.  i do not have my Tekno material in front of me but Tekno introduced their models soon after.

Scania-Vabis 75 - 1958
Scani-Vabis 76 - 1963
Scania 110 - 1969

So Tekno had three styles of cab:

1. simple, one side window for the 75 and 76 (decal changed from 75 to 76)
2. longer cab with 2 side-windows for the 110 (decal changed to 110)
3. turntable version with 'crew cab' (might have come with all three 75 76 and 110 decals on the bonnet)
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by karls.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that Karls as I have only a limited number of truck books and not much information on the Vabis.

Cheers.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #68

Expert Boarder
Here's the latest addition to my VW toy collection an early 1970's.

A  *Tekno base plate delete*  #819 Volkswagen Beetle  "Polizei" (German Police) in a very odd paint scheme of a black body with white fenders which was normally used in making the "Polis" or (Swedish Police) Export toy.

Base plate is painted flat black and toy has the Ford Mustang styled metal wheels.........

The toy that's pulled over is a very pale light blue early 1960's Tekno Denmark #819 Volkswagen Beetle without blinkers on the top of the front fenders and the 3 piece whitewall wheels/tires.

Enjoy!

Tom

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #69

Indeed a very strange color scheme for a German police car. They are normally green and white.
Did not know this one excisted!

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
Another great Vdub!  The blank baseplates were sold at the end of Tekno's lifetime as a cheaper alternative.  Then spare parts were assembled after the factory closed in 1972.  So maybe they ran out of Polis or Politi and used extra Polizei?

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
Karls was those spare parts that Tekno available the general public or went as lots at a auction.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #72

Expert Boarder
Yes Karl,

The 1969 to 1974 Tekno history is a little bit of a mystery with logo delete base plates, no more of the Tekno trademark *Hammertone* silver paint with plates being painted white, gloss black, flat black and sometimes not even painted at all.

The body paint also got thicker in the end runs as they painted the entire body from top to bottom, thus at the bottom of the toy on the running boards the paint was solid, this was not the case for the pre 1971 toys, which had been just lightly painted on the top side only, bottom of the running boards of the Beetle were just bare metal casting.

Anyway, this just came in the mail today a *mint* condition #819 in light cream.

Light cream is possibly the most common color of the post 1968 production #819's
still everytime I see one that's mint and also under $60 I jump on it, maybe someday I'll acquire a really nice car carrier from Mercury and fill it up with post 1968 Tekno Beetles.
(I like the Tekno Volvo car carrier, but it's old fashioned design looks better with the #805 Oval Window Beetles or the vintage Tekno Volkswagen Barndoor Buses.)

Enjoy!

Tom
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
After Tekno went bankrupt in 1972, their machines and all spare parts were sold off.  I have not heard how many different lots there were.  A large number of machines and spares went to one machinery company: Meinhardt Maskinfabrik.  They put Teknos together until the spare parts ran out.  Other people got spares as well like for the VW and other cars...

(from www.teknosamleren.dk/tekno-historien/ in Danish. )

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #74

Expert Boarder
karls wrote:
After Tekno went bankrupt in 1972, their machines and all spare parts were sold off.  I have not heard how many different lots there were.  A large number of machines and spares went to one machinery company: Meinhardt Maskinfabrik.  They put Teknos together until the spare parts ran out.  Other people got spares as well like for the VW and other cars...

(from www.teknosamleren.dk/tekno-historien/ in Danish. )

Loosely translated to English, it sounds like Tekno was locked in a real economic battle with other toy companies at the time and really had it's hands full, lots of politics, greed, noncooperation, legal battles, but in the mid 1960's the toys were recognised as some of the best made toys in the world....... 

Sounds almost like a spy film, would make good copy for a TV series like "Mad Men" you would just call them "Toy Men", LOL!

Tom
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 3 years, 9 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
'Toy Men" - I like it!    

Tekno's founder had passed away and the son and daughter were left to run it.  he had tight control before that and was very autocratic with his employees.  the kids did not seem to be really interested in it and sold it.  the new owner moved the company and basically left behind all the skilled workers and knowledge.  At that time, Mattel started Hot Wheels, Corgi and Dinky were bigger competitors.  So everything combined together and they went out of business in 72...