Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #31

Expert Boarder
No Karl, there were just non interesting modern toys there, this was the only Oldie and a friend informed me of it.

I was aware the Second Series VW Bus toys were hard to find, I got real lucky here and I really like the Green color and the fact the Newspaper Company is still in business today.

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
Keesie - my white Monza looks like this one: 

www.hobbydb.com/catalog_items/chervolet-corvair-monza-gt

No red cross and number decal - so i have no idea if that is Switzerland or not. Never seen that exact version!

I was unclear, sorry.  Both Tekno or Kirk can be found on the basepolate!  Tekno is on your baseplate which is fine.  In that exact same position could be Kirk if you had that version.  But since it is an early version, I think all the painted roof versions were marked Tekno.

My red Kirk is pictured here: www.hobbydb.com/catalog_items/201874
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by karls.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Tom,

Yes, the green van is a great color!  Some other versions are pictured here:  

www.hobbydb.com/variant_definitions/30028

and the Tekno books show another 30 or 40 versions! WoW!

The latest news from Denmark is at jyllands-posten.dk/  !
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by karls.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #34

Expert Boarder
Hello Karl,

Yes, the Second Series toy had even MORE SPACE to place decals/logos on them and some pretty EXCITING toys came out of that 1963 to 1967 era of Tekno VW Buses.

Here's a photo from an old Danish Auction House Auction, from a few years ago that crazly had the "Jyllands Posten" and the Walt Disney "Anders & Co" (Anders is the Danish name for Donald Duck) crazy like the HOLY GRAIL toy for me,  SOLD together, I don't know the end price for them, while they were BOTH Mint/Minty condition,  but I'm sure it was way over $800+

That one, (the "Anders" Bus)  together with my  Tekno "Herbie" that would be my personal favorite to have someday in my collection.

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by BlauchenL331.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for those pictures Karl. I compared them to my model, and there are some differences indeed. Your steering is black, mine is grey. The painted roof has a slightly different white than the rest, probably because it is painted on plastic. Hereby a picture of the interior and one of the rear license plate.

Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Also, the model has self steering, similar to Corgi's system: pressing on one front wheel makes the model go that way. My model seems rather mint, but the tyres were gone or dried out when I got it, so I replaced them. Oridinary 1.5 tyres are not wide enough, so Batmobile tyres were a reasonable fit.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the extra pics of the Monza.  Now we know the front decal is a Swiss license plate!  CH = Switzerland!  Nice!

Steering was a cool feature on all the newest Kirk produced Teknos.  Very nicely engineered but hard to take apart and re-assemble correctly!  

I have several and none of the tires dried out - interesting that yours did.  But  the new ones look good!

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #38

Platinum Boarder
and GE stands for Geneva (the canton / province)
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #39

Expert Boarder

Now, I don't normally collect too many toys OUTSIDE my realm of vintage Volkswagen Beetles and some Buses and Porsche 356, but this amazingly NEAR MINT Tekno Volvo Swiss PTT Bus #850 in their catalog has been offered to me and it will be a PERFECT partner to this toy in my collection.....

A 1964 to 66 era Tekno Swiss PTT Beetle #819 which I have MINT BOXED I think they will go good together, I'll take some photos of the two once they are united....

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 3 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #40

Expert Boarder

And here's another look at my Tekno Volkswagen #405 "Jyllands Posten" Newspaper Bus, just an amazing beautiful green color with nearly 99.9% perfect decals, this was a really LUCKY find, now I just need to find a "Anders & Co" (Donald Duck) in the same condition and I'll be satisfied with 2 fine second series Tekno VW Buses in my collection....

Enjoy!

Tom

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #41

That Swiss bus is the best I have seen for years. What a great example. The greenish glass suits the bus and cars perfectly.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Yes, both the bus and VW are hard to find in PTT in that nice of a condition.  Both castings came in many versions, so there are lots of other choices.  The bus even came as a bank promo for many Danish banks!

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #44

Expert Boarder
I know, I was very surprised at the condition of that Swiss PTT and it's a little later issue, so it will fit in right with my Swiss PTT Beetle. 

I paid slightly less than $75 which I think was a good deal, concerning the condition of these is never near as perfect as this one. (The black decal band around the bus is amazing, these are almost always chipped or scratched off).
 It will be in the mail shortly, so waiting impatiently till it arrives....

Tom

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 3 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
I bought a few models at the CRAA car show (see thread), one of them was this nice Tekno (#727) DKW Junior De Luxe in near mint condition. I've been close to buying the DKW quite a few times on web sites, but being able to actually hold it and check the condition close up before purchase, made the difference. The box is quite tatty, missing one end flap and one inner flap is loose, but angling it carefully for display, it can actually look rather nice.