Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #256

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice looking truck worthy of any collection.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #257

Platinum Boarder
It definitely is.
Karls is yours a restoration or original?

I love Tekno trucks. This one came in various colour schemes (red/white, white/red, green/white, yellow/red, etc.) for various gas companies (Esso, Shell, BP)

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #258

Platinum Boarder
<p>This Esso is an older red version - all original.  I got it from the family of a Volvo sales manager in the US!  Tekno used their Volvo and their Scania cabs on these tankers with more than 20 different variations each!</p>

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #259

And here is another one, the Tekno Volvo FB88 truck and trailer, I heavy played with condition

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #260

Platinum Boarder
<p>I love the two flags on the front of the FB88.  And the great detail on the chassis.  Did you notice you can clip the 3rd axle up when you are "running empty"?  Right before Tekno went under in 1972, they updated this truck to FB89 specs!</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
upload image online</span></p>

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #261

No I did not know Karl. Thank you for pointing that out to me. More to follow including some Kirk trucks

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #262

Platinum Boarder
I have always been impressed by Tekno ability to include realism with their underside chassis including their front wheel steering mechanisms. The other is the scaling from the full scale vehicle to their casting size toys. Great stuff.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #263

Platinum Boarder
Post #196 in this thread shows how the rear axle can be lifted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #264

Platinum Boarder
<p>Routemaster - Kirk made some of the Tekno (Denmark) toy cars under contract from 1949 - 1969.  Then in 1970-71, Tekno was replaced with Kirk on the baseplates.  Boxes were marked Model Products though.  Only the 'Teknos' that Kirk were still making at that time were affected.  Finally in 1971 or so, Kirk was purchased by Tekno and they became the same company.</p>
<p>So all KIRKs were also sold as TEKNOs (on the baseplate), but not the other way round!  Most of my KIRKs are shown at <a href="www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/hobbydb/sub...</a></p>

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #265

Thank you Karl. At the moment I am selling a collection of Tekno/Kirk Dinky Corgi Vilmer Matchbox and some old Siku trucks from an old collector who is decreasing his collection dueto ill health.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #266

Karl. I sent you a reply on your message

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #267

2 more. Already sold them. I like the cement truck

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #268

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, blackstone, PoliTom2

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #269

Gold Boarder
Great looking trucks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 8 months, 2 weeks ago #270

Platinum Boarder
Excellent diecast vehicles by Teckno. As I have only ever had a couple of their vehicles (trucks) it is good to see the variety of their vehicles in close up photo form. This helps me to appreciate why they are so collectible. Like our Australian made Micro models they are unique in their design. My question is the rear mounted shovel excavator bucket open in the rear when used to load tip trucks or the sorts. Cheers.