Tekno Denmark cars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Tekno Denmark cars

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 6 years, 2 months ago #16

Gold Boarder
Hello,

Yes, I did restore the ambulance in the blue earlier this year.  It is a bit more of a custom look in the blue and I set the water marks to the front doors as appose to placing them on the rear.  However, the top portion retains the original off white color. I do like your Monza and I have a Tekno version slated for restoration.

Regards,

Allen

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #17

Expert Boarder
Hello Volks!

TEKNO is one of my favorite vintage Volkswagen toys, perfect and imperfect compete  with all it's factory flaws, each one is a little jewel.......

Here's two pairs of USA/Export (note: "Taxi") Tekno 810 Kombi VW Buses (the Inland toys for Denmark and Europe have the "Taxa" decal) That I photographed last year for some Holiday Cards. 
I also took a shot of the two 810's Black over Sealing Wax Red and a Sepia Brown Metallic Tekno 805 Oval Window Beetle for comparison....

I also had some near mint/minty 805's with issues so I had to call my Tekno Junkyard man and buy some parts, front axle and two hubs/original tires with the Metallic Blue one and some new headlights for the Pea Green one.

And here's a photo (taken in 2014) of the Tekno corner of my collection then.....
The Tekno 803 Fish-silver Green Metallic Porsche was new at that time the Corgi 441 "Toblerone" van is really good friends with my 819H Walt Disney Tekno "Herbie" which the two are some of the favorite toys of my personal collection.
Since then, I have about 8 805 Oval Window's, 2 803 Porsche 356 Coupes, the 4 810 Taxi Buses (with a few more on the way from Europe soon) and about 10 of the post 1957 819 Tekno Beetles also called 1200 Volkswagen.

I plan on increasing my Tekno collection steadily  as much as I can find and ( afford, Tekno is one of the most expensive vintage die cast toys) $$$$
As suggested I think Tekno deserves it's own Forum listing along with Tekno-Kirk -Tekno-Mecline and other Scandinavian toy makers, Pilot (Denmark) and Muovo-Plastic (Finland)

Well, that's enough Tekno raving for now, love to hear from other Tekno collectors.

Tom 

P.S. I have NEVER seen that plastic box for a Tekno toy before,(they have always been in cardboard boxes as long as I know them) that Opel may have been most certainly a EXPORT toy to Germany, still I have never seen that plastic box before, it is rare by any account.
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #18

That is a great collection Tom,
I really see some very beautiful cars in your display cabinet.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #19

Platinum Boarder
My favorite range- Tekno!  They did some beautifully engineered cars in the 1960s, up to the close in 1972.  My latest one is their very first car 0- a tinplate copy of a Schuco (supposedly licensed from them).  Probably post-war? up to maybe 1955...

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Hello BlauchenL331

The Opel in the plastic box  certainly was an export to the Netherlands where I bought it.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Yes, the Opel with plastic box was also a promotional.  It came with a decal on the trunk: A&M.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #22

Expert Boarder
blackstone wrote:
Hello BlauchenL331

The Opel in the plastic box  certainly was an export to the Netherlands where I bought it.

Ahh very good, that would explain that, wonder if any Tekno VW's came in the plastic boxes?

Tom

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 5 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
This is the only one that has been identified so far in a plastic box (per websites and the 4 Danish Tekno books).

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #24

Expert Boarder
Hello Volks!

Here's just a tease of my latest Tekno Denmark find, coming out of a Chicago Illinois collection -  A #405 Tekno VW Panel Van "Jyllands Posten"   (a popular Danish Newspaper company) - The toy is Mint Minus with a few flea bites, but luckily the Logo/Decals are about 99%. I'm really stoked about this one!

Tom
Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by BlauchenL331.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #25

That is a superb example, I have never seen this one before.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
Here one of mine.

Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Keesie.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #27

Platinum Boarder
The 2nd series VW van is a real find.  Nice colors.  I am only 3 hrs from Chicago so i am bummed out I missed that collection!  Did they have all sorts of Teknos?

The Monza GT is the 1st issue (with painted roof).  Another great one!  They were made by Kirk so have Kirk on the baseplate (1970-71). The designer at Kirk was very sophisticated so their Teknos were well engineered and could be taken apart.   Mine does not have the extra decals - is that a number on the front right?  Like a license plate?

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I can't find any Kirk on the baseplate. Can't see any screws or rivets either. There is no licnese plate, I think you mean open ot the opening front lights. The lights can be opened/closed by that red part on the base.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #29

Platinum Boarder
I think he means opposite the number 24 on the other side of the front. There seems to be a red cross and some numbers above the headlight.

Re: Tekno Denmark cars 4 years, 4 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Ok. I get that, the license plate is indeed a decal, above the left front light. It has a red cross (+), and then the number GE-1180. Does the cross stand for Switserland?