Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Lledo Diecast

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #241

Platinum Boarder
The George Turner featured in the magazine article scan posted by "Luff" above, is still in business and based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.

He was mostly responsible for resin work for Lledo (among others, including Corgi and Matchbox), and I am sure a contact with him would answer some of the questions.

His company can be found here...

www.georgeturnermodels.com/index.php?page=contact

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #242

Platinum Boarder
This 1931 Lledo Rolls Royce Phantom II Brewster in full cream is one of a limited series of only 288. It came as a total surprise from fellow PD'er LUFF, who sent it to me.

Well how about that, isn't that great, Thanks a lot again Vincent. It re-ignited my Lledo collection, which has been standing still for quite a while.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #243

Platinum Boarder
TheRollerman wrote:
The George Turner featured in the magazine article scan posted by "Luff" above, is still in business and based in Southend-on-Sea, Essex.

He was mostly responsible for resin work for Lledo (among others, including Corgi and Matchbox), and I am sure a contact with him would answer some of the questions.

His company can be found here...

www.georgeturnermodels.com/index.php?page=contact

Rollerman.

Thanks Kevin.

Here it is !

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #244

Platinum Boarder
Ecclesley wrote:
This 1931 Lledo Rolls Royce Phantom II Brewster in full cream is one of a limited series of only 288. It came as a total surprise from fellow PD'er LUFF, who sent it to me.

Well how about that, isn't that great, Thanks a lot again Vincent. It re-ignited my Lledo collection, which has been standing still for quite a while.

A real beauty with such a cream coat !

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #245

Platinum Boarder
Nice resin Bentley model Corky, might try and get me one of those one Day. Have you got a copy of the letter that goes with it, the letter from Rolls-Royce to Lledo, approving of the model and giving Lledo permission to put it into production.

Rollerman.
Last Edit: 5 years ago by TheRollerman.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #246

Platinum Boarder
Hi corky did the model come from George turner ?

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #247

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the link to George Turner models and I enjoyed reading about this model maker and a bit of his work history within the toy world.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #248

Platinum Boarder
LUFF wrote:
Hi corky did the model come from George turner ?

No. It comes from the ebay seller whose name is Eric.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #249

Platinum Boarder
So the eBay seller had a perfect model that was not on eBay?

The colour looks very nice

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #250

Platinum Boarder
Just to give a little info on the cream RR .
It was made in 1984 when Lledo were trying to increase their markets .
Dealers and traders were invited to tour the factory and the model was a gift for those that attended ,it is listed as DG19 but not allocated a sub number (001)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years ago #251

Platinum Boarder
Here is my example...

...and a few more interesting Lledo Rolls-Royce models.

The 'GREY' DG 19.

The 'EDOCAR' version of DG 19, is catalogue number EA-7, Black or Cream tyres.

Several examples of the 'Un-Drilled' set models.

and the unusual all Black set.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, Ecclesley

Re: Lledo Diecast 4 years, 12 months ago #252

Platinum Boarder
Incoming Lledo:

Re: Lledo Diecast 4 years, 12 months ago #253

Platinum Boarder
Nice Find Ecclesley  the Janus one does not come up very often.

This is a model i have been looking for a few years , it was the Rolls Royce Landaulet that i wanted .

The set is listed in the CD i have as made for "FINA " to be sold in Holland but i finally found it in the U.S.A.
The box is "Days Gone " but it is a mixture DG38 green with coach lines has days gone base , DG19 basket weave is a days gone but has a promo base,LP53 is the one that makes it special as it is the second model to be Bronze.