Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Lledo Diecast

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #211

Platinum Boarder
The wheels are in fact just Silver-Grey plastic.

Before 'CORGI' purchased 'LLEDO', these models did not have any glazing, but during the mild 'Face-Lift' under Corgi control, glazing mouldings were designed and fitted.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #212

Platinum Boarder
Thanks, more info I did not know.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #213

Platinum Boarder
All Vanguards made in china by lledo (Enfield ) had glazing the older models did not,the newer castings made towards the end (1999) before corgi took over had glazing
Last Edit: 5 years, 5 months ago by LUFF.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #214

Platinum Boarder

Bid on this model as i knew it was wrong, the roof and boot should be white

As you can see it is white just that the plastic  has been in a house where someone smoked, did not pay alot £1.99 including postage .  I posted this on PD to show that you have to take care pictures do lie ( especially on ebay).

Thanks to the Tek team and Admin  for being able to fix the photo uploading 5****.

My test picture uploading.
Last Edit: 5 years, 5 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #215

Platinum Boarder
...yet the White wings/baseplate are still clean and the Grey-Beige tyres are still clean!!

Rollerman.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #216

Platinum Boarder

Purchased this one from our friend who reworks the models .

Took a chance that it was what i thought it was because of the wheels,when it arrived i was correct UNMOUNTED DG25 from the rolls royce set don't know if he changed the roof that is no problem but there is NO hole in the base for mounting.

The decal is just a thin piece if plastic film it just peeled off no soaking needed no glue
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ecclesley

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #217

Platinum Boarder
Well done LUFF, saved from the grave and for anyone's Money, definately worth saving.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #218

Platinum Boarder
LUFF wrote:
Purchased this one from our friend who reworks the models .

Took a chance that it was what i thought it was because of the wheels,when it arrived i was correct UNMOUNTED DG25 from the rolls royce set don't know if he changed the roof that is no problem but there is NO hole in the base for mounting.

The decal is just a thin piece if plastic film it just peeled off no soaking needed no glue

Well Vincent congratulations with this catch.

As expected that decal stuff is absolutely sub standard and destroys the looks of any car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 5 months ago #219

Platinum Boarder
As he had a few other rare RR models before i keep looking now and then to see what he has .

The wheels :- they are the only ones 20 spoke chrome used on a DG model.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #220

Platinum Boarder

As i said in post #129 these are fakes (or not issued by lledo), these two models were listed as pre-productions and sold for £14.99  and £17.50 . Once the models pass from person to person and the uninformed state " it must be a factory trial " , the one in my collection came from the person who made the roof he still makes white metal models today.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #221

Platinum Boarder
I have seen these before Vincent, in somebody else's collection. The point is that whenever I read pro-production model, of whatever manufacrturer, I always get suspicious. As these items usually fetch much higher prices, the lure to make falsicifications becomes manifest.

But these look cute in spite of it all.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #222

Platinum Boarder
The point is after 18 years and with the internet the listings become fact when looking them up .

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #223

Junior Boarder
Hi,

I think this is the right place to go on with the presentation of my Vanguards stuff after the "Say hello to..." topic, where I have introduced myself.

Here it is a 1996 a group of photos of the album with all the production of Lledo in that year:

Trucks, lorries, saloon cars and special boxes with two models inside (e.g. two wonderful Anglia in Rally liveries) are also present. At the moment my aim is to complete the gathering of all the cars and vans (no trucks or lorries) present in this album.

Max
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #224

Platinum Boarder
Hi Max just looked i put the same page on twice

this is the othe one.

Re: Lledo Diecast 5 years, 3 months ago #225

Junior Boarder
Hi everybody,

after a period of illness (big cold with fewer and cough) Here I am back to show you my latest arrivals:

The Austin A40 belongs to the 1996 production. The Anglia is a bit later product, but I am very enthusiast of Anglia Models, probably Anglia is the most present English car in my collection. I have found the Austin van with number plates and mirrors already mounted, in perfect condition and with box. In my opinion the best condition for this kind of model to be founded at the moment.