Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Spot On

Re: Spot On 2 months, 2 weeks ago #1816

Platinum Boarder
That is about how I do it too. Good job
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1817

Platinum Boarder
I have not done many restorations recently so had a big go this afternoon .

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, RoutemasterNL

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1818

Platinum Boarder
You must have some very fast drying paint. I have tried and been unable to complete one model in one day let alone 4. Good work on all of them and I like the hinges on the rear doors of the Commer Van. Decals look great too. Now I guess your on the lookout for a roof top ladder and rack.

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1819

I agree Jim. I think the hinges are made of red plastic

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1820

Platinum Boarder
I was lucky with the weather yesterday , it was a nice sunny afternoon, the paint I use is normal car spray from different shops.
I stripped all the models together except for the Rover as I forgot I had it. Each coat dried in no time with the sun , not having a workshop I have to work when I can and I have to get things done in a quick time hence having to use a hairdryer when it is not a a warm day.
I will try to make a rack and i know I got some ladders for the last Glass and Holmes van I restored, the hinges are red plastic from SF , I painted them brown as this is what colour they would have been.

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1821

Platinum Boarder
This restoration was done a while back but not finished , something happened when I ordered the front grill I did not order the rear bumper so it has had to wait until I ordered some more parts finished now all but rear lights as I need to do on the ones restored yesterday.

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1822

I have fond memories of a Ford Anglia. It was the first car I ever drove (as a passenger) when I was a little boys many moons ago. My father did not have a drivers licence or a car, so when a collegue of him visited us, I had the chance to get in the rear seat. The rear window has always intrigued me since.

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1823

Platinum Boarder
Four in one day, that was a productive afternoon!
They look great.
That chrome pen is interesting and works well.
I like how you picture your modes with the corresponding catalogue pages.
I have several Dinky and Corgi catalogues and I make copies of pages I have models for and hang them on the walls

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1824

Platinum Boarder
When I have to replace a missing part on a model . my mind goes into what is the easiest way and with the roof rack I had a thought I have loads o ceramic tile spacers and they do the job with a simple cut and brush of brown paint , the ladder won't be that easy as I can't find the seller I bought the last ones from.

upload picture

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1825

Platinum Boarder
I will paint the rack when I get some brown paint this is only water based paint and looks terrible in the pictures but not to sad on the model,

Re: Spot On 2 months ago #1826

Platinum Boarder
Water base paints are fine but Digital Cameras just make everything so detailed the it looks worse than real life. That is why I hate Digital TV sets. I don't want to see all the wrinkles crevasses and warts and all, all over someone's face when on TV. They looked just fine on antilog TV Set.

Re: Spot On 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1827

Platinum Boarder
Only one today, the Armstrong Siddeley Sapphire, this is a very nice model.

pic host

Re: Spot On 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1828

Platinum Boarder
Nice and looks 1000% better. I like the red interior color, suits the car better. Nice to have 2 great examples now. The grey is very nice with its blue interior.

Re: Spot On 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1829

Platinum Boarder
I sprayed the spayed red and painted the steering wheel red as this is the colour interior which goes with the grey and black, the blue is a reflection it must be from my lighting indoors , I have restored one a while back on here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco

Re: Spot On 1 month, 3 weeks ago #1830

Platinum Boarder
I bought a box of toy car junk and there were two ladders in it, one is a double ladder a bit bulkier than the original and the other is a correct triangle window cleaning ladder , this model has been restored so I think I will look for a mating brown paint and paint them and keep both on the rack.