Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Spot On

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1756

Platinum Boarder
Sorry about that. Here it is again.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1757

Platinum Boarder
I have taken it apart and the problem with the rear axle is easy.

The axle skipped past the post that hold it down and moved forward. I just have to put them back in the proper place. They are plastic hub with tires attached. At least that is what it looks like to me, You tell me from the photos below.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1758

Platinum Boarder
Getting used to using my holiday camera for my hobby. My Nikon seems to be getting old. The other camera is also a Nikon but Coolpix with a 4.5 - 36.0 lense. did good on the holiday to Europe in 2016 and seems to be decent at this too.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1759

isn't it a wheel cap?

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1760

Platinum Boarder
I'm back and looks like more restorations moving along I see. I had a bit of a look at that wheel Jim looks like solid one side while the hubcap sits inside the rubber. Does it pull out at all.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1761

Platinum Boarder
Theo, I have no idea as this is my first Spot-On to restore. If it is I don;t want to break it. I will be cleaning them and then they say like that. I am not taking them apart.
The tires I ordered won't go on as I can't remove the tires either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1762

Platinum Boarder
James, I don't know, I am not taking them apart as they look good so....

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1763

Platinum Boarder
Nice to see you doing a Spot on, the tyres are moulded & the cap is fitted tight into a grove on the tyre , I have not tried to take one off but I have seen one with a cap missing before, looking forwards to this onebeing done
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, GunnerJim

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1764

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the info Andy. I don't think I will try to take the cap off. The caps and the tires all look good so a good soap and water bath should do them well enough. I am stripping the car as I type this.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1765

Platinum Boarder
As I said in the Taxi thread, the bead blasting is done. The paint stripper did not want to take the original metallic green paint of very well.

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1766

Platinum Boarder
The bare spots above on the top of the body are from my wire brush. That took some paint off but now much. Lets see what the blaster will do.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Spot On 4 months, 3 weeks ago #1767

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Jim and Andy. My question has been answered and why I raised the question is that Yatming also had a similar wheel system with the hub cap fitted into the full molded tyer as well. Cheers.

Re: Spot On 4 months ago #1768

Platinum Boarder
I had the car primed some time ago. Here are the pictures.

Then the base is primed and then again. It will get a couple clear coats to finish it off.

Re: Spot On 4 months ago #1769

Platinum Boarder
The inside of the base plate I did not prime nor will I paint it. Stays as original.

Now on to more pictures. I chose Primrose as the color for this little sporty car. I already have the Corgi version in red with cream seats. The Spot-On here will also get cream seats.

This is after the first coat of paint, I wait half an hour and spray it again from the same mix. I clean the air brush between coats. I don't like it, too thin so it will probably get 2 more coats in separate sprays.

Re: Spot On 4 months ago #1770

Platinum Boarder
Last week I got the body painted again. After drying for a couple days due to other things I painted the seats and then the bumpers. Today I finished it off. All, that is accept for the dash decal. I have to order that.

Enjoy!