Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Spot On

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1741

Platinum Boarder
Yup, I see no pictures now. Kevin is correct. Don't touch anything on the first screen but the Choose Images button

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1742

Platinum Boarder
i will try & up date removed photos as Rollerman pointed out I had not changed the time limit on the photos

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1743

Platinum Boarder
<p>I have bought this Jenson back to life &amp; give it its original colour back</p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;">
</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size: 12.16px;"><br /></span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
</span></p>
<p> </p>
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Andy66.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1744

Platinum Boarder
a very nice revival. Good save.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1745

Platinum Boarder
Thanks again Tick, if you like British cars look on the Triang pedal car topic , the Wolseley I have just got it may be of interest to you

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1746

Platinum Boarder
Another great save on a great looking toy. Good work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL, Andy66

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1747

Looking much better than the attempt by the previous owner, who was very generous with the yellow and blue paint

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1748

Platinum Boarder
Excellent resto Andy.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1749

Platinum Boarder
I agree with Theo and James. Did you use oven cleaner on the window unit and the tires to rid them of that horrible paint job?

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1750

Platinum Boarder
I did use oven cleaner on the windows, a tip I believe you taught me, I soaked the wheels & tyres in very hot water & scrubbed them with a brush & used a watch makers screwdriver to get it out of the tyre grooves

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1751

Platinum Boarder
Next time try it on the tires too. Works great on Plastic and Rubber. No need for a screw driver and picking out the paint between the treads. 15 minutes in oven cleaner will dissolve the paint and you can just was it off even in the treads. I use a small plastic bristled brush on both tires and screens when I use it.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1752

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Nobleco, i will try this next time, I did wonder when I did this one if it would clean the tyres I did not want to take a chance.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 6 months ago #1753

Platinum Boarder
Yes, oven cleaner will not harm anything inside an oven which includes rubber gaskets, metal woven door seals, plastic light bulb holder and the glass of the bulb. Not sure if it could get into the socket for the light but it will not harm that and won't harm the metal of the heating elements and the ceramic coated oven walls. Let it soak for 10 to 15 minutes and paint, goo, gum, etc will come right off. I think it will even remove silicone but I have not had to try that yet. I do know that most glues can't stand up to it either.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 4 months ago #1754

Platinum Boarder
I have a 104 Spot-On MGA that I got last May. I am restoring it not that the parts are here. The rear wheels were out of alignment with the body, which is an easy fix. Other than that it need a new steering wheel and screen.

Re: Spot On 3 years, 4 months ago #1755

Platinum Boarder

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL