Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Spot On

Re: Spot On 7 months, 1 week ago #1636

Platinum Boarder
The parts finally came & here they are all finished, it was just as well they took time coming as not felt like doing them as our cat Ginge got bit on his tail by another cat & I took him to the vets , I was comforting him as I always do at the vets & when the vet shaved his tail he bit throw my thumb nail & scratched my face , so we are both on antibiotics me 5 a day but we are both recovering.

Re: Spot On 7 months, 1 week ago #1637

Platinum Boarder
cats are 'very' naughty!!

Jaguar came out much better than the first pictures suggest.

I notice from the pictures' in the books of spot on and from your previous helae4y resto the hubs are larger and not concaved with an inner circular pattern as on this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Spot On 7 months, 1 week ago #1638

Platinum Boarder
Now that is an Austin Healey. Nice job on the car with all the finishing touches. The Jag looks as it should now, stately.

I feel for you with the cat. That has happened to me a few times over the decades I had cats. Never the face but almost has the top of my ear bit of once. That hurt. Lots of scratches on the arms an legs and hands too. They sting good and take some time to heal. Good luck to both you and your cat. Rest easy.

Re: Spot On 7 months, 1 week ago #1639

Gold Boarder

They changed from the convex ones to the concentric ring ones. In fact, the convex ones are stamped tin hubcaps pressed into a wheel made entirely from plastic. The concentric ones are cast, later spun aluminium, with rubber tyres. Dinky continued to use those after the takeover on many of their models released after that. In fact, quite a few entire models Spot On had in their drawers were released under the Dinky banner, you can see the Spot On handwriting all over them and the big scale of 1/42 is a dead giveaway, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66, 143Madness

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1640

Platinum Boarder
Hope Ginge is Ok and healing well.

More nice restos. I'll be back on mine when it warms up, got loads to do.

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1641

Superb restos Andy! Are still on antibiotics or have you and the cat recovered 100%?

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1642

Platinum Boarder
Many thanks all, I finished my antibiotics last Wednesday& Ginge on Thursday, he had his last check up at the vets last Friday & hopefully all is ok with him although we have to keep an eye on his wound as it could flare uo, as I did not know that it is a bad place for them to get bit as there is no fat or tissue there & it goes straight to the bone so infection risk is serious , although the vet told me that he has only had to amputate one cats tail in his career so fingers crossed & pound notes later all seems fine, knocked me off my feet a bit as he is my little mate & has made appearances on here in many of my restorations as he is always with me.

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1643

Platinum Boarder
Thank you all for my well wishes

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1644

Platinum Boarder
Hi Andy glad you are well again and haven't been subdued to the Covid 19 and it was just the common flue. I haven't been on as regular myself been busy doing other things. I liked the Jag and its colour true to Spot On reference. Cheers to all from me.

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1645

Platinum Boarder
I forgot to say lovely cat gazing down from above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Andy66

Re: Spot On 7 months ago #1646

Platinum Boarder
Andy, glad to hear you are both on the way to full recovery. Ginge seems a little down and he has sad eyes. All will be well soon Ginge. I have had many cats in my lifetime and most were very close so I know. Stay steady and get well.

Re: Spot On 6 months, 4 weeks ago #1647

Platinum Boarder
Another jaguar to bring back to life , again both the figures have survived.

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Spot On 6 months, 3 weeks ago #1648

Platinum Boarder
Bumpers can be repainted as they look whole. Too bad about the windscreen. It is ready for a restore for sure.

Re: Spot On 6 months, 3 weeks ago #1649

Gold Boarder
The bumpers on these later ones are plated plastic and on this example a sizeable chunk is missing from the rear one. I guess Steve Flowers will be 11 quid richer soon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 143Madness

Re: Spot On 6 months, 3 weeks ago #1650

Platinum Boarder
<p>I am assuming that this is the #218 Mk 10 Jag? The front and rear bumpers, plated are worth £3.10 each so £6.20 plus the window unit at £2.80 = £9.00 plus shipping. He only puts on £1.00 tp £2.00 in the postage. £2.00 was on my last order but then it was £150 plus</p>
Last Edit: 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Nobleco.