Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Spot On

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #16

Andy

They all look great...That window cleaning van is really nice...and that garage is special....I like the original spares...the canoe is hard to get...

Niall

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Niall , I have some Spot-On road sections somewhere & would have liked to have used them when I set the road scene up in" some of my spot on toys "topic, when I find them I will make a street scene up. The book has really captured me as I always liked Spot-On models.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Andy that garage is fantastic.

I'm going to try and get a garage for a nice diorama scene. Going to be tough to find one.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #19

Senior Boarder
Excellent collection, I've seen spot on in a totally different light!

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
A toy garage is probably one of the best ways to display toy cars, I just have no room & sadly the garage gets stored away.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Wow that was a very good read, I have to agree with you guys that Spot On are the best. And you all have some very nice pieces there guys.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #22

Just bought these three, should be here later in the week...

First buys of 2014....delighted to get these....

Niall

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
They are good buys Niall, the VW is a sort after model seen wreakers go for good money. I bought a Telephone box  & a Fiat to restore.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #24

great finds, well done. Is the boat and trailer belonging to the VW?

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #25

The VW is the very last Spot on made in Northern Ireland... and only available for a very short time...No spares available of the roof rack ...

The boat and trailer I don't have and the container truck is also tough to get...

Hopefully the start of a good run in 2014....I have another Thames trader on the way later in the month....

Niall

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
This set (#3) is  offered on Marktplaats (Marketplace) in the Netherlands.

Reported as "in new condition", either for sale (but not for just a few hundred Euros), or exchange.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #27

He has some nice Solido's too Gerrit
But I dare not ask what he wants for this set.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
You were right Niall, the Spot On Rolls Royce banger I bought just before New Year is structurally sound, the casting is just okay.

Apparently someone dipped this car in thick paint, took it to the beach and rolled in the sand. It came with 4 truck type tires of which one has a different size. If anyone needs these  tires, give a sign there are free to get.

I will repaint it and maybe give it rear wheel spads. I am also thinking of applying big Lucas headlights, but only if I am sure I can make them fit properly.

Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Ecclesley.

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #29

Ecclesley

Did you win the Royal Rolls Royce?

Great price....

Niall

Re: Spot On 7 years, 9 months ago #30

Platinum Boarder
Yes Niall, see my posting in the new finds category...

Smile on my face................