Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Italian diecast

Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
How come there is no subforum dedicated to Italian diecast?

The Italians started with the now popular 1:18 scale (Bburago) and had many makes that are still sought after like Mebetoys, Polistil, Penny, Brumm, I am many sure there are more. Surely they deserve their own subforum?

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #2

You're correct we are here to celebrate all things diecast and the Italians made many nice models... Best is one that springs to mind...

Niall
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Hopefully a Mod can make the appropriate subforum for us

As to why it hasn't been done already? I guess that PD being a new and improved update to Toy Collector, Forums are still being added as per user request? When you have a site this big it's awfully hard to think of all the Forums and Subforums people may want, so until someone asks, they can't think of everything

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Yep why not dont forget, Best, Box Bang..... Made some lovely models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jclevering

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Drak wrote:
Hopefully a Mod can make the appropriate subforum for us

As to why it hasn't been done already? I guess that PD being a new and improved update to Toy Collector, Forums are still being added as per user request? When you have a site this big it's awfully hard to think of all the Forums and Subforums people may want, so until someone asks, they can't think of everything
 It isn't an attack, I was wondering that until now nobody thought about. It seems it was a black spot for most of us.

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #6

I am allegedly a moderator, however I haven't a clue how to do this.....And I totally agree that Italian diecast should have its own subforum...but so should Spot-on

Niall

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Dublin6,            I join all the above, a great suggestion. When I look up DINKY, that is what I would like to find,DINKY.   And I would really like to see ala the other brands as well. What an education, I never thought or knew of all those different brands.

Hopefully the administrator will replace "....and others..." with the newer subforums or make it possible for members to make the additions.

I believe it started out DINKY, but as you have said, "...that Italian diecast should have its own subforum...but so shoukld Spot- On..."   AGREED

dinkyboy

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Lol! JC I hadn't considered your post as an attack I was merely offering a suggestion as to possible reasons why we didn't have one yet. Perhaps the French one could be renamed to European? My main point is that unless we ask they won't know I have to admit to not knowing of half the brands out there to look for in my hunt until I got on here. I wanted to learn more, that's why i'm here . Each member has knowledge that others don't and to me it's about sharing and learning, that's what makes this site so great

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 10 months ago #9

I can't find any buttons to press in making an extra forum.Shall ask around for you all

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 8 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Did you happen to find a solution?

Re: Italian diecast 6 years, 8 months ago #11

Not yet, have to ask Justin

Re: Italian diecast 6 years ago #12

Fresh Boarder
Sorry I cannot help with the setting up of a sub-forum on Italian diecast. However, you might appreciate the two Mercury here below. They were both made in the late 40's and they do not pretend to represent a specific car. They only are representative of a sort of Italian design in vogue at that time.

Kind regards.

V.

Re: Italian diecast 6 years ago #13

Both myself and Theo don't have the permissions to set up new sub forums despite asking on a number of occasions.... We need to have a Spot on area...look at the number of posts in there and I agree there are some great Itialian makers out there we could all learn about..

Those Mercury items are really special...

Niall

Re: Italian diecast 6 years ago #14

We could try asking Justin again

Re: Italian diecast 6 years ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Hi Guys, look at the bottom titles on 'MY' version of the Forum Categories...maybe the listing could be modified in this form with Italian Diecasts, French Diecasts and British Diecasts etc.

Rollerman.
  • Page: