Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox.

Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I had a pretty good win on eBay as this Charbens had my curiosity going and yes I was after the Condon made by Jack (John) Odell who was with Lesney then left for awhile to manufacture some of his own toys then returned to Lesney.

The big one is the Charbens. So lets have a look at him first.

Upside down for a good look see.

I paid a bit for them but I am happy.
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Take a little walk around for a look see.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Jack Odell site dumper

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Now for the line up with the Lesney Moko site dumpers in the foreground.

I give them that need it a bit of a coat of paint me think one day.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
That's in pretty good knick considering it's age. Nice find. Thanks for the walk around

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
There was a Condon with the driver in his seat that shot over the $100 AUD the other week. I didn't know that Charbens made them that big and only made those old crocks that have a habit of disintegrating into dust.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Now that I see the moko's for comparison, they sure are large.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #8

Hello Kitty

nice line up and the look very good. I think this toy is very underestimated. Thanks for the photos and the background
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Looks to me as if the Charbens is missing a driver and steering wheel. Any idea what he looks like?

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Charbens Series. Dumper Truck

One down another one to go.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
This image below was taken from Vectis and is one of those reproductions that were issued sometime ago in limited number are well sort after too.

Going by the aging of the alloy casting colour of the one I have, it is one of the original's from the early 1950's.

Re: Condon and Charbens site dumpers including Matchbox. 6 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Some great scores James. Looks like this dumper was a popular model and manufactured by mant diecast producers.
  • Page: