Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #16

Platinum Boarder
No box average price.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Don't see many of these but now and again one might just sneak through at reasonable prices.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Wow lend us a couple of quid. I didn't know that they had seated soldiers in the back. Good to know.

very well sort after these personal carriers.

Last Edit: 7 years ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #19

Platinum Boarder
Has to be the most popular vehicle of them all.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
This Foden below has to be a larger scale than those of the Lesney Moko original size.

Anyway it is one of these that I am looking for.

Ahhh! I found one and just got to bid on it and see how it runs. the bidding war begins.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Not looking good here.

And the Foden keeps on climbing.

Might drop the idea about one with the box and go for the one Buy it Now below.

So another day in the chase for something I just take fancy on. Well in this case replace that broken one and the outlay if our dollar is good would be about $35 AUD. I am thinking we shall see what my budget will allow.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Theo a couple of buses for you Mate.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #23

Thank you James, interesting topic on the Morestone Budgie diecast.

I do have both the Routemasters, they pop up often here in NL.

The other Morestones are rarer over here
Last Edit: 7 years ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #24

These are nice items but which are original and which are reissues... I would be slightly scared to commit on one of these....

Niall

In 1988 Autocraft purchased the Budgie Company including what remained of both ‘Morestone’ and ‘Modern Products’ – this included old dies, tooling, machines, some part finished dies and small quantities of assorted castings. 
The history of the above is documented in John Ramsey’s ‘British Diecast’ Model Toys Catalogue. 
Over the past 20 years several of the old dies have been adapted for use on modern die casting equipment, the original hand operated machines being no longer legal. The first re-run was the Morestone/Modern Products Daimler Ambulance, followed by the Fire Engine and the Wolsley Police Car. Several other dies have been tested for future releases, including Sam’s Horse Drawn Café and Early English Stagecoach. 

There were several bicycles in the prototype stage that remained incomplete after the Budgie takeover of Morestone as the manufacturing of moulds was always outsourced. Some of these bicycle prototypes have now been completed by DGM and in addition to this auction (and due for release over the next few weeks) include a window cleaner with bicycle, a commercial traveller with box sidecar and a lady with child sidecar and daughter.  
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Good bit of information Niall. I was going to write something on the history More and Stone toy merchants. distributing toys to the world of Great Britain in those early 1940's. Most of their toys were manufactured by Modern Products for them and they marketed toys under the trade name "A Modern Products". The next name change was to "Modern" As far as I can ascertain More and Stone ventured into production themselves around the 1950's, thus changing the to Morestone Series, ESSO and Zebra Toys, then the Budgie series expanded which I consider a better product. As you have stated Nial about the purchase by Autocraft probably would have been legally able to use the trade names as well and produced more of those already made years ago from the old dies. I do know that another firm has produced some white metal reproduction of those bicycle and motorcycle which would scare me somewhat if I was really into collecting those type of diecast toys. Anyway they are easily detected by that alloy. But one must feel them in ones hand and that is impossible to do through my screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #26

Platinum Boarder
This is looking like the replacement although I might hang on into the future for something a little cheaper although I have my doubts about that too.

The disaster re glued back together.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #27

Platinum Boarder
Now this one went off pretty cheap compared to those buy them now.

Re: Morestone Series eBay Watch buy it now against the bidding war game. 7 years ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I forgot about this one ending and the other one I was bidding on just went out of my pocket range.

Some bidders thought this Foden was worth it or is it that ego I can beat you in the bidding war. Anyway the were keen.

I'll be contented to take my time.
  • Page: