Die cast magazines.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Die cast magazines.

Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Which are the die cast magazines writing about Dinky Toys in the Netherlands, North America, Australia and else where. Can you please provide their name and address on this thread ?

Thanks and regards.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
As far as I know, there are no Dinky Publications here in Canada and probably in the USA too. I have never seen any and we can't get the British mags on the news stands here either. They won't bring it in due to costs, I have asked, I have to subscribe to something in Britian and at over $100 a year, I can not justify that cost.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #3

I have a membership with the NAMAC, they issue a magazine every 2 months, in full color.

Sometimes there are articles and photos of Dinky Toys, but unfortunately not that many.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
I am not aware of a magazine in Australia dedicated to Dinky or writing about Dinky

There is a magazine simply called "The Diecast Magazine" which seems to be of North American origin but that is aimed at larger scale models.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Name and Address...

The Diecast Magazine

P.O. Box 654 Hamilton 4007

Queensland.     Australia

Fax No. 61-7- 36301530

They also distribute to N.Z.

Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by Dinkydi.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
I don't think there are any diecast magazines at all in Denmark... I've certainly never heard of any. I suspect that in Europe, it's only the UK, Germany and France that have anything.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
In the US, I subscribe to:

Model Auto Review - rarely any Dinky articles - directly from the UK.

Model Collector - a few Dinky articles every so often - via Canada.

No US magazines talk about Dinky - a few are about current diecast mdoels though.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
All diecast magazines sold here in the UK do have articles on Dinky, but they cover all types, makers, scales and everything diecast.

I dont think there is magazine out there just solely concentrating on Dinky, the collectors gazette covers all things vintage. Niall buys that so maybe he can answer.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Thank you everybody for your help. This is what a club is about, helping each other and sharing one's knowledge.

I do not know the Gazette which dinkyjay is writing about. There was a gazette edited by Keith Harvie, he published six issues some years ago and I think that he still has some available.

There is one magazine about Dinky Toys only, those made by or for Meccano Ltd. and Meccano s.a. It is called "The Journal" and is edited by the Dinky Toys Collectors Association DTCA. The Journal is distributed to the Association's members five times a year and relies on articles writen by the members.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Collectors Gazette web site

www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co....rs-Gazette/_ch26_mg2

Model Collector mag web site

www.modelcollector.co.uk/

Dont buy either anymore but these are the main ones in the UK

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
My favorite is Model Auto Review:

http://www.zeteo.com/mar/

I thought Diecast Collector was the other big UK magazine - 

www.collectors-club-of-great-britain.co....-Collector/_ch26_mg3

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I forgot about that one...

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
you will also find "Diecast Collector" on collectors-club-of -great britain web site

Sorry Karls missed your reply.
Last Edit: 7 years, 6 months ago by LUFF.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #14

Expert Boarder
As mentioned earlier, I can confirm, that  there are no magazines in Denmark about die-cast models specifically.

We do have a membership magazine in " DANSK MODELBILKLUB" but this is a bimonthly club magazine about all types of model cars, it is distributed free to all members.

Re: Die cast magazines. 7 years, 6 months ago #15

This are the ones I like best.... Collectors Gazette is best one I've found among all the one's available here.. less advertisements and some great articles and no modern rubbish... The others would be Diecast Collector and Model Collector....

Niall

• Page: