HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT

HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
As requested. One of my Hubley fleet Tractor Trailers, the "Transport". We are still trying to figure out what brand truck Hubley was referencing. 

The plastic version followed an all metal diecast truck trailer, same size. The scale is not given, I suggest near but slightly larger than 1/32. I included DINKY Supertoy FODEN and the FRAZER NASH for comparison.

The "Transport " does not have the fold-away dolly wheels.

The cars are also plastic and are Cadillacs.The ramp is part with the set. The truck cab can be removed to allow for "maintenance".

Bottom pic is of my set of 5, all purchased early to mid 50's when the plastic versions first appeared. There were 2 other trailers, my toy store never had, and I was not aware of them until a few years ago. A Frame Log Hauler and a Hook and Ladder Fire Truck. All trailer trucks of course.

I have more pictures , just ask.

dinkyboy

Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by DINKYBOY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dinkydi, RoutemasterNL

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #2

They look great Erwin, thanks for all the photos. 

They have survived very well, did you give them a lot of carpet miles?

And the Caddilacs look great too.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #3

Erwin

Really nice items and they look like they had a great deal of play value..and they are in great condition... must be hard to get..You certainly kept your toys in great condition...

Is this the part you need for the orange one, would be a lot cheaper on postage for you...

www.ebay.ie/itm/hubley-kiddie-toy-plasti...249f7a8#ht_500wt_969

Here's a good picture...

Niall
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #4

Erwin

I thought you might enjoy this picture...

Might bring you back a few years...

Niall
Last Edit: 7 years, 7 months ago by Dublin6.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Very interesting toy advertisements, sale pamphlets, catalogues or brochure that were produced by lithography printing plates. What is inspiring that there was a lot of artwork involved in those days instead of computerised mechanisms of today although that is fun too. Or in today's words Junk Mail pamphlet.

Thanks I just love them for their art expressiveness.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Could it be possible to have a side elevation and frontal view with one view from the top side or plan view of the prime mover, tractor or truck for comparison evaluation.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder

Check out the carb, oil filter, generator, and cylinder heads.

The rectangle tab in the elongated valley on the front of the trailer above the wheels is the front support and part of the inner bottom floor / base glued to the outer single piece body.

Above picture, look at the built-in slop of the axle diameter for realism.

NIALL,  this car carrier did not come with those folding boggy wheels. I did not explain that clearly, thanks for the suggestion and thought.

Look closely at the spot above the "R". The middle support for the one piece inside floor and base. A small peg glued to the one piece outer top and sides body. Altogether, 2 plastic pieces plus axles and wheels.

GUNNERJIM,  I hope this is what you wanted. If not let me know, I can take more pics.

ROUTEMASTERNL,  those Caddys. I even dummied up and included the same pics of loading/unloading of those Caddys. But then that is what it is all about........ Not as many carpet miles as the DINKYS, but they are included in playtime. You know, when you see that small head laying on the carpet close to the toy, for a better view of the loading process, or the connecting of the trailers to the tractors and raising the folding boggy wheels,   that is my enjoyment as much as adding those miles myself.  Thanks  also for the adds. You can see the color adds had the metal trucks, and looking closely OLDTRUCK56, the orange metal trucks are GMC's.

NIALL,   F.W. WOOLWORTH was a major "5 and dime" = 5 &10 cent store located in about every town when I was young. Almost all east coast states and mid America as well. One of the last to close was in my current neighboring town, back about 1977 or so.  They were fixtures in the towns..... You could buy all sorts of sundrys, small appliances, just about anything and everything and at better than normal prices. If you could carry it out of the store, it was there to buy. They even had lunch counters for quick sandwiches and fountain soft drinks. Check the prices on those advertisements.  and there was NO LOITERING allowed.  

An bit of emotional memory.........F.W. WOOLWORTH         and it was good

dinkyboy
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
They are fantastic. images and I note the Flathead V8 which could be a Ford as they had the oil filler in that location I think but not too sure these days.

You could be right about the GMC's Dinkyboy and love your little memories of past including FW Woolworths. I bet Rob Oldtrucks56 would know about the Flathead V8 representation.

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
GunnerJim,    It does sort of look like a flathead. I learned on many a flathead, including the over indulgence. The problem was they ran out of Revs (RPM). Very easy to work on. I learned my first multiple carb set-up on a neighbor's flathead. 

I don't think it to be a Ford because they did not have any grill work like that.

I have done a bit of editing this evening and an worn out. A year ago, if you had told me that I was going to be resizing and cropping pictures on this computer thingy, I would have laughed at that. It is all NOBLECO's fault.

Thanks for you comments. I wonder if OLDTRUCK56 ever had a grilled cheese and pickle at WOOLWORTHS.

G'd nite...........

dinkyboy
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: HUBLEY 1950'S PLASTIC CAR CARRIER "HUBLEY TRANPORT 7 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Yes I agree with you Dinkyboy. The Hubley plastic semi trailer car carrier truck is definitely not a Ford going by that grill. I don't know if they are headlights or just spinners inserted in the grill. So far my search has failed to materialize anything including rummaging through my book collection. looks like it is an online search which is going to be fun.

Cheers Mate and have a good nights sleep.
  • Page: