Tekno boxes for 928 and 929.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 8 months ago #16

Expert Boarder
It looks like my 2 red boxes are the regular boxes. Boxes for 300SL have the same dealer name on it.

When I check the box for my VW 1500 it has the name of the main Danish dealer on it.

My DKW Junior box has the same dealer name on it as Mercedes.

So I believe my red boxes to be the standard box, Karl's box to be a rare one.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 8 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
The red box was the standard Tekno box for these 2 models, until they switched to the generic red/white window box.  The company on the box was the importer for all of Denmark! They also imported other brands (DKW) and even assembled some in Denmark.

"[The] company had the sole import agency for Mercedes Benz cars, and had about 35 dealerships throughout Denmark."  [url=bohnstedtpetersen.dk/history.htm]http://...ersen.dk/history.htm[/url]]

Tekno had a close colaboration with Solido, so it is not surprising they used their door technology!  Solido had Tekno listed in their catalog for several years.  Several Solidos were sold in DK with Tekno paint jobs  (assembled by Tekno?) and Tekno stickers on the Solido boxes.

I think this is fascinating stuff - hope we are not boring the rest of you with too many details.  I live in the middle of the US and never get to "talk Tekno"!
Last Edit: 7 years, 8 months ago by karls.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 8 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
This is great and lots of info. I don't know Tekno so find this all very intresting and the models shown so far look really nice and the details look good.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 6 months ago #19

Expert Boarder
Finally I got a dealer box.

This one came in the door today. So now I have a 230SL with this box too.

Price $32 on eBay, with broken hinges on the trunk lid. That has now been replaced. I do have a lot of parts, both new original parts, repro parts and used parts.

As I opened the car I realized this one has never been played with! Look at the white plastic where the rear wheel axle goes, the plastic is pure white!

It has a few paint nicks but that can be from display I guess. And yes, I still buy more of this one, don't know when to stop. Now I am waiting for a Joal version in white, never seen that before. When that one arrives I have passed 60.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 6 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Looks very nice and to find it is unused is even better. Those white bits of plastic would be black by now if it was played with.

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 6 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Very low price on "epay" for such a rare version!  Great find!

Your view without the baseplate really shows how detailed the Langes' designs were for Tekno.  Quite a feat of engineeirng.  (Langes, later bought by Kirk) made all the 900 series for Tekno. 

Re: Tekno boxes for 928 and 929. 7 years, 6 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
It is always intresting to see the inner workings of a toy.
  • Page: