Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43

Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
This was an interesting flea market find. Again for something like 1€...
It has opening front doors, trunk and hood. There is a nice detail: notice the Volvo V on the wheelcaps?
When was it made? Any particular info about the model?
Thanks for looking and commenting.

Re: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Hi. Some time ago I was working on a huge project here in a thread called "the Nacoral project" or something like that. I tried to list all the Nacoral models ever made along with tons of photos.

Your Volvo 145 is from the '100 series', started in 1970, but it wasn't in the 1970 or 1971 catalogues - I'm pretty sure it must have been a 1973 (or possibly 1974) release. The earliest in the series had severe problems with chemical reactions between the chromed plastic wheels and the rubber tires - the wheels simply melted! The last ones in the series had primitive 'whizzwheels'-type wheels, very much like mid-70s Polistil/Politoys/Mebetoys. The Volvo 145 is among the very few with good wheels.

The reference# for the Volvo 145 is #122. As a child I had both this and the #121 Volvo 144. I've managed to reaquire the Volvo 144 recently, but the 145 (in white) is still on my wanted list.

Here's a photo of your Volvo:

And here's my Volvo 144:

Finally a photo of my only boxed Nacoral, ref# 100 and the very first in the 100-series. It has the horrible wheels that usually melted, but miraculously they are fine on my model.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, FiatRitmo

Re: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
Teebodk wrote:
The earliest in the series had severe problems with chemical reactions between the chromed plastic wheels and the rubber tires - the wheels simply melted!

Finally a photo of my only boxed Nacoral, ref# 100 and the very first in the 100-series.

Appears to be the same melting problem I experienced with my beloved car transport truck by Solido: wheels melted away like some chemical was sprayed on them!

That series of Mercedes in 1:1 was awesome!!!

Re: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
He ia an old post:
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...1&Itemid=0#59822

That leads to Teebo's older post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: FiatRitmo

Re: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Seems to me the wheels are oversized for this model. How much would one of these cost mint?

Re: Inter-Cars Nacoral S.A. Volvo 145 1:43 7 years, 8 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Quick 'epay' search shows that similar Mint boxed  (older style cardboard) ones went for $US88, 92 and 86 (plastic style case).  55-60 no box.  Wow, I am surprised!
  • Page: