POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck)

POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hello all!
These models were really great. A friend had Uncle Scrooge's limo and it was huge and nice! Will look for one sooner or later.
Now regarding this model: how can I find the right wheels for it? No need to restore it entirely, but some proper shoes are required!

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Me think that cool cat had laid too many treads around the place. So what is the measurement of the yellow hubs.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #3

Expert Boarder
GunnerJim wrote:
Me think that cool cat had laid too many treads around the place. So what is the measurement of the yellow hubs.

Thikness is 5mm from rim to inner profile: don't know the name... it's what holds the tire in place
Diametre is roughly 1 cm.
What I love about those tires is the "cartoon" look! They're just perfect.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Check out some Dinky replacement tyres. (tires)
The following user(s) said Thank You: FiatRitmo

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #5

Expert Boarder
And where should I check? Any suggestion? Do you have a couple of those maybe?

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Jim Noble co here on PD.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hi there. Tires, yes I have hundreds just not sure what would fit with your car. I need to see a picture with something, preferrably a Dinky toys Car of small Van that would put it in prespective. Right now it looks like it is about 6 inches by 4 inches your picture is so close to it. If you can measure the tires outside diameter, thickness and the size of the hub, I may be able to hook you up with something. I mostly deal in Dinky, Corgi and Matchbox but have some Minic, Spot-on, Marklin and Yesteryears. I can also get a few others like Budgie, Tootsie Toys, some Vanguards, need the model name. Shackleton, Moko, Mebetoys Politoys, Solido, Schuco, Verem, Vetesse, even some Britains, Budgie/Moorestome or Budgie/ Benbros and Cresent Race cars. Lets not forget CIH and Chad Valley either. or French Dinky
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
The Politoys I can get is 11mm in diameter so a small tire. Hollow design black smoot tire. Not sure if this is what your looking for but I think you said 1"??? 1 Cm seems awfully small.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #9

Expert Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
I need to see a picture with something, preferrably a Dinky toys Car of small Van that would put it in prespective. Right now it looks like it is about 6 inches by 4 inches your picture is so close to it.

Hello Jim, and thanks for helping. Yeah, you're right, I made the photo too close!

I'll remake them with something close-by, one of the Dinky I have.

Anyway the measures I gave are metric, therefore it was 1cm (for diametre of the yellow hub/the rim). I can't post photos now, will try this evening. Ciao!

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #10

Administrator
If it helps (it probably doesn't!), these tyres are unique to the early issues of the Politoys/Polistil Disney range (later examples have one piece plastic wheels with a concentric-circle design. This example is also missing the figures and the doors, so you might be better off looking for a more complete example that maybe has a damaged grille and 2 missing tyres, then cannibalizing this model for those parts. 

The Uncle Scrooge's Car is extremely fragile and very hard to find in complete condition; in particular the wing mirrors usually break off. The model was later recoloured yellow and orange, had a new front put on it and was renamed "Isotta Superstar" to make a tie-in toy for an Italian cartoon
Last Edit: 7 years, 9 months ago by Baskingshark.

Re: POLITOYS N.554 Paperino (Donald Duck) 7 years, 9 months ago #11

Expert Boarder
Baskingshark wrote:
If it helps (it probably doesn't!), these tyres are unique to the early issues of the Politoys/Polistil Disney range (later examples have one piece plastic wheels with a concentric-circle design. This example is also missing the figures and the doors, so you might be better off looking for a more complete example that maybe has a damaged grille and 2 missing tyres, then cannibalizing this model for those parts. 
No, your advice is great. But I just want to have 2 more shoes for my old toy. I know it is missing parts, but this is how I got from a kid when I was about 6 and I like this way.

I really hope I'll be able to find the original tyres: as I said before they really give the model that "cartoon feeling".
  • Page: