Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance

Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #1

Expert Boarder
Hello all. First topic after introducing myself.
The package I was awaiting just arrived. I already had the Gamda Koor. Got it when I was a kid, maybe it was my uncle's. And maybe he painted it in that hellish way when he was small. And he also chopped off the frames of two windows on the right side!!!
But then I found on eBay this other Chevelle. It has been played with but I'm sooo happy to see it in the original color. Also the make is different, as you see from photos.
Also note the Chevrolet Chevron on the sides, just behind the front wheel: on the Gamda Koor it's there, on the Cragstan it's not.
And now some photos. The Gamda Koor is always on the left.

Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by FiatRitmo.

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #2

Expert Boarder
How come I can't link URLs? I have the images on Dropbox, pasted the link but nothing is visible...

OK, solved. Had to upload... nonetheless: linking is not working...
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by FiatRitmo.

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
There is a hot link button in the Reply box but not in the Quick Reply box. Looks like a chain link

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #4

Expert Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
There is a hot link button in the Reply box but not in the Quick Reply box. Looks like a chain link

OK, I see the chain icon, but it is shadowed.

I succeeded by uploading the images using "Upload image"... a bit complicated and time consuming.

"Add image URL" shows the file in a preview window. When you close it shows a broken thumbnail and then, when you post it is plain empty.

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #5

These are nice items, those makes never made it to Ireland, but I have seen a few before at toyfairs, seem to be difficult to find in any condition.....

Niall.

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
FiatRitmo, you have to highlight some text first to use that link button. Then it will show up so you can Link to a page. If you want to put pictures into a thread from your computer use the upload image button. Make sure there are no special characters like # or % or $ as they will not come thru and leave a little box on the screen before you post. Also keep them at 1000 pix wide.I use 800 by 600 most times but I can upload larger. The picture below is 800 x 532 and is about 240kb large.

The next pic is 1000 x 600 and about 284KB large.

You can also load from off site places like Photobucket.

Some may remember Hippie and this was one of his builds for me of a model I had started with my Son.

The last three pictures I uploaded all at once. I can also upload Thumbnails.

Different car and built by me.

The last 6 photos are all clickable and take you to my Photobucket pages that are full of my restorations
Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FiatRitmo

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #7

Administrator
Nice finds Gamda/Koor/Cragstan are the same company, I didn't know they altered the baseplates/castings on the models during the run though. Just to make their name more complex, some are also called Sabra and the model range were called Detroit Senior....

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #8

Expert Boarder
Baskingshark wrote:
Just to make their name more complex, some are also called Sabra and the model range were called Detroit Senior....

Yeah, in fact my original model is Gamda Koor + Sabra.

Maybe Sabra is the model range. In hebrew it is a native Israeli Jew and refers to a variety of a cactus...

Re: Gamda Koor Sabra 8101 & Cragstan 8101 Chevelle Ambulance 7 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
These are great old toy cars - here is a fascinating article:

http://www.haaretz.com/a-bid-for-gamda-and-sabra-1.162682 from 2005.  If you want Rafi's book, try epay.  I found it there.  I'll give you his name/address if you want a copy and can't find it.
  • Page: