Politoys / Microminiature
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Politoys / Microminiature

Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
This Italian firm made some nice toys in plastic.

Some models (especially the military ) models look the same as Dinky toys

Fiat 1800

Vanwall

Opel Kapitan

Last Edit: 7 years, 10 months ago by blackstone.

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Here's another (marked McGregor POLISTIL on the baseplate), the Alfa Dauphine:

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #3

I do think these plastic items have a certain appeal to them..good honest toys and to get these in this condition must be difficult....

Niall

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Hi Niall

Yes they have their charm !! Paint loss is no problem but of course the plastic is vulnerable.
I missed two wheels on the Fiat ; but thanks to a friendly Italian Ebayér I got replacements.

regards

Jan Willem

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #5

Administrator
A very nice selection - these can get quite fragile and are susceptible to sunlight in that they will fade and yellow and become very brittle if left in the sun for long periods. The military vehicles were indeed all copied from Dinky diecast models. The McGregor model was made in Mexico by Mexican company McGregor after Polistil, the parent company of Politoys, sold them some of their old moulds in the seventies.

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Still charming looking these and are they cheap to buy? I'd have them in my collection for sure.

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #7

Administrator
Prices vary, the racing cars are usually cheaper - mint examples of the road cars usually go quite high. There are reissues by a company called KDN that are much more affordable.

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I'll have to have a look into these and see what is out there.

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I have a few of these plastic cars, none from Politoys, though. Politoys plastc cars always seem to be extremely expensive, at least the ones I've seen. Norev's plastic models are usually much more affordable... not always, though.

Sunlight is the big enemy here, many have warped really badly, even to a degree where the baseplate falls off and is impossible to get back on. Some are sold 'for restoration', but I don't think there's much one can do about a model warped totally out of shape. In any case: if you shop for plastic cars, make sure you know the condition!

Re: Politoys / Microminiature 7 years, 10 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Tee, that holds true for any toy your looking for. Know what it is your looking at.
  • Page: