Kinsmart made by Kintoys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kinsmart made by Kintoys

Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
1953 Chevrolet 3100 Wrecker in 1/38 scale made in China by Kintoys manufactures die-cast scale model and funny cars for distribution world wide under the brand name of kinsmart and Kinsfun. The company was established in 1993 and has now several distribution wholesale outlets around the world. Kintoys headquarters is located in Kowloon Hong Kong.

I don't know if the 3100 is the body number but could be. Oldtrucks56 has confirmed the number is the model number for this particular Chevy truck. Thanks Rob.

Doors open and winch does wind a bit while the main feature is the pull back and let fly mechanism. Are they ment to be a Toy or a model is another part of the jigsaw. Most of the seconhand toys I find around the bootsales, flea markets or garrage type home sales usually have some of their parts broken off, like mirrors and headlights, bumpers missing while the basics are there. Yes they are cheap and affordable I suppose and usually sell for around 10 to 12 dollars new out of the display trays.

nearly all plastic made as usual apart from the die-cast body and doors. They do have a good representation in reality for their scale and can add to anyones collection with a difference. Specially if one likes Chevy's

Spell check is not interacting again.

Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Lets have a close look at the 1954 Mercedes Benz 300SL in 1/36 scale. Has a body number KT5346

Pull back and let fly mechanism. Doors open and shut reasonably well.

Shining like a mirror with black gloss paint with chrome moon beams that glisten on display.

Rubber tyres on plastic hub type rims look neat affixed to metal rod axle.

Sweat as a dream.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I just love this style of Chevy. The 1957 Chevrolet bel Air represented in the scale of 1/40. Why the variance in scale. I suppose they must fit into a packaging tray by their mulitples, then placed in the same modual box for shipping could be one reason. The other could be they have to be the same size for the same amount of Zamak and plastic to be used for each model. Thus the conclusion would be cost saving within this highly competible toy trade.

Mirror finish black gloss while the chrome dazzles the nakedness shine.

Smooth opening and closing doors

I like it anyway.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
The famous 1955 Ford Thunderbird that flew down the straight. So they say anyway. Never had the pleasure to even sit in one let alone hit the gas pedal.

body number KT 5319 Red Thunderbird having the scale of 1/36. Lots of veriances.

Opening doors.

Pull back mechanism and let fly so they say.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
1953 Cadillac Series 62 in the scale of 1/43 and body number of KT5339

My wife picked this one out on Australia Day festival and I didn't say no either, as she offered to pay for it for me.

Same as the other randitions. Good looking model and worth collecting for the price is affordable.

Actually the plastic interior is reasonably designed too in all of them.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #6

Gunner, the 3100 is the model number used by Chevrolet in the US for that size truck chassis. It would have had an inline six cylinder gas motor with a manual transmission. This body style is much sought after in the hot rod and collectors market. That's a good looking line of cars, and I think you hit on the scale issue with the shipping box determining the size of the model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I have a couple of Kinsmart diecast, Shelby Cobra, and lamborghini.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Jim, where are you finding this spell checker. I don't have one on my end.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Jim the spell check I use is included in the Google Tool bar usually and works when I am in the reply mode. It is working on Yahoo as I just used it there and ebay. I know they have been working on the inserting or Add Image from Gallery which is now working fine and stays there and is fantastic now for doing the inserting.

Nope spell check is not working just blocks out screen as I have just tried it on this post. Oh now I really have to proof read now in checking for typo's

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the clarification Rob on the Chevy model number 3100. Somehow Kinsmart have KT followed by numbers on the chassis end of things and not on the Chevy wrecker. 

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
That would explain why I do not have a spell checker. I do not use Google or Yahoo tool bars. Don't like them and their cluttering up my computer and desktop. One add on I do use or should I say used to use, is the Norton Tool bar. The latest updat to FireFox has gone and disabled it, again. Dang.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 8 years, 7 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Yes you are right in one way about those tool bars they can be a wasted space thingy. Stupid part is the Spell Check highlights the subject heading and just blocks of the rest of the screen for the replay page.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 6 years, 7 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
I picked this 1964 Ford Mustang 1/38 scale by Kinsmart and a Chevy from a stall on Australia Day.

Navy stall they didn't want me too old they said and they would not sell me their life raft.

Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 6 years, 7 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air looks cool by Kinsmart in 1/40 scale.

Got my photo taken with the mayor after the Australian Citizen presentation certificates that tells the world they are now Aussies.

Re: Kinsmart made by Kintoys 6 years, 7 months ago #15

Great additions to your collections James, these cars got some very nice chrome detailling. And the major looks pleased having his photo taken
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim
  • Page: