Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Toby Toys

Toby Toys 1 year, 1 month ago #1

Expert Boarder
<p>I am seeking further information on Toby Toys. I do have some history. There are 4 models which come in four colors. They were made in Waddams Pool Works, Dudley, Worcs, UK.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>They were reported to be made for and sold by S. Guiterman Co Ltd. But I have no proof of this. However I now have a box which shows they were distributed as Marx Toys.</p>
<p>
</p>
<p>I do have a collection of these and will be glad to show the images of the other models, or go to my web pages</p>
<p>TOBY TOYS</p>
<p>
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by mrjeff.

Re: Toby Toys 1 year, 1 month ago #2

Expert Boarder
<p>I have just found another model with the TOBY TOYS Logo. The assumption is that S Guiterman Co Ltd sold them under the name of Toby Toys and this logo was added. The box shown in my previous post suggests that they were sold by Marx Toys and perhaps, when they moved premesis, the production continued and the brand name Toby Toys was added. From my count the vast majority did not have the TOBY TOYS logo added.<br />
<br /><br />
</p>
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by mrjeff.

Re: Toby Toys 1 year, 1 month ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I have never heard of Toby Toys so can't comment but I have heard of Marx Toys, were they not a US company? Some info on them from Wikipedia.
Founded in 1919 in New York City by Louis Marx and his brother David, the company's basic aim was to "give the customer more toy for less money," and stressed that "quality is not negotiable"

Re: Toby Toys 1 year, 1 month ago #4

Platinum Boarder
And some on Toby Toys I found doing a google search. See the page below
www.sordetmaco.com/cd-rom/JouetsAnglaisF...y_toys/toby_toys.htm

Re: Toby Toys 1 year, 1 month ago #5

Expert Boarder
Yes thank you for looking. I have that link, but it added nothing to my knowledge. I have searched frequently for anything that shows a Toby Toy boxed or advertised, linking them to S Guiterman, or even just the name Toby Toys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL
  • Page: