Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ingap plastic

Re: Ingap plastic 6 years, 6 months ago #16

Gold Boarder
I have never seen a model listing of the small boats, but it will be interesting to hunt around for it.

I've seen one more picture of it where it was called an offshore power boat. Interesting site by the way. Definitely worth looking.

smallscaleworld.blogspot.nl/2010/03/i-is-for-ingap.html

Re: Ingap plastic 6 years, 6 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Ingap of course were like so many brands that we know of, have their origins dating back to the 1920's with a lot of Tinplate toy manufacture. They were a very large toy company trying their hand at all sorts of toys to see what sells best in the market places and as we now all know, plastic was the way to go and most of are aware of the many and varied plastic based toy vechicles from Ingap.

Ingap comes from...

Industria Nazionale Giocattoli Automatici Padova

The letter 'P' at the end of Ingap was added later because it completed the brand name nicely and represented the area in Italy they were based in!

It was in the 1950's Ingap had settled down to producing ranges of toys in plastic, but the 1960's saw stiff competition from many other well established toy companies and by 1972, Ingap had been taken over by 'EUROTOYS'.

Ingap toys tend to do well at auction houses as it is still a relatively unkown company, certainly regards their Tinplate toys.

Rollerman.

Re: Ingap plastic 6 years, 6 months ago #18

Gold Boarder
Some more of my Ingap road cars.

There were two series, a European series and an American model series

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls
  • Page: