Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best Box

Best Box 3 years, 8 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
A Dutch make , which became Efsi later on . Models are more or less Matchbox size. They made a lot of T Fords , some trucks and cars like the E type.

These two iconic Dafs were used in a lot of regions in Holland at the time

. The refuse truck could move the loading part to make more room while collecting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Best Box 3 years, 8 months ago #2

and a nice set of houses too
Last Edit: 3 years, 8 months ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Best Box 3 years, 8 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
I like the novelty idea for the compactor off the garbage collecting. Simply turn the bin onto its end and bingo the contents moves to the back in of the collection bin. Yes unique style of model houses.

Thanks for showing these very old toys.

Re: Best Box 3 years, 8 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
When I was a kid, the garbage truck would come by our place once a week. He would drive into our lane and almost every time he would drive past out place. He then backed up and slammed on the brakes and the whole front of the truck would come up into the air and that would cause the garbage to move to the rear. That is one memory I had forgotten over time. That truck would stand up right on it back end. Sure was a site for an 8 year old to see.

Re: Best Box 3 years, 7 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Forget 8, I'd love to see that now !!!! How cool would that have been ?!?!?!?!?!

Re: Best Box 3 years, 7 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
It was cool. Another cool thing to watch is Garbage Truck Racing. Done through an obstetrical course with cone markers. Some placed real close together. They have to manouver through a course as fast as they can. Forward, grab a garbage bin, unload it and place it back where it came from. Back out and then down the "road" some and back into another spot and then drive across the road to pick your bin up and then down and out and on to the next challenge. That might be an 'S' curve or three where the cones are so close together you only have a few inches on either side of the truck. Some of these guys just tear through a course. Should be something on YouTube to watch.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Best Box 3 years, 7 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
I would enjoy watching that
  • Page: