Era for these Gamas ????
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Era for these Gamas ????

Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I own one Gama Mini Mod (short for Mini Models) of a VW Bug Police car. I know the Mini Mod range were released during the 1960's

I also have a Gama Porsche Carrera and Ford GT40 Lemans but the series appeared to have had the  name change to Mini Gama. I believe these series to be more into the 1970's and 80's

here is an example of the Mini Gama, 1/43 or 1/42 scale

I forgot I had these military trucks. I bought them on a whim very impulsively a while  ago as they were reasonable and cool. I was digging through my boxes and found them again. They are also Mini Gama series as per the boxes but I have no idea what era they are from.

The Krupp in the back is a big one. 16" in length cab to trailer rear

Not bad details, mostly metal but lots of plastic bits. Rubber tires on plastic hubs.

Interesting how the rear wheels rotate to the side of the trailer. They don't come off/apart the trailer. Would the real truck have done this?

As per the boxes these are not just Gama but Gama Mini and not Mini Mod

Anyone familiar with these Gamas?

Anyone know the approximate release dates of the Porsche and the Military Trucks?
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Tick.

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
According to my book, "World Guide, Model Cars", the Porsche #9601 was issued in 1968. The military trucks are not mentioned, so one assumption would be, that they are later than 1977 (the book only covers models up to that year), but on the other hand, it's fairly strict about including only 'street cars', not trucks, buses, military units etc., so in theory they COULD be earlier than 1977. Then again... there are no 5-digit ref#'s listed in the book at all, so maybe that's a newer concept?
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Force (1990) says the Porsche was 1968-1979.  He also shows a page of military trucks and tanks.

93217 - Faun tank truck - 1976-77
  same casting as 9321

94057 - Krupp low loader, 76-77
   same casting as 9405

(see a pattern?)  

92927 - Faun covered semi, 76-77

92967 - Faun covered truck 76-77
   same casting as 9296 

----------------------------------------------------
Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by karls.

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much.

I just love the knowledge and resource sharing here!!!!!!!!

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #5

Hiya Tick,

an impressive collections of these Gamas you have got there.
I think your military collection was aimed for the German market, hence the German flag/logo on the side of the cabs.
In my opinion, the rear wheels could not slide sidewards in real life,

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
A very nice collection here.

Re: Era for these Gamas ???? 3 years, 10 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Yes interesting, not seen them before.
  • Page: