Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #16

Platinum Boarder
Hi Jim N. Yes I agree the tray box does look far too long. Some years ago now I did some research on the length of this type of Chevrolet pick up truck and found there is a few lengths in this regard. This model introduced some luxury to America's love affair with the Recreation Vehicle thus the RV was born instead of just a work truck for tradies like Jim.

From Wikipeadia who I donate yearly too. Supplied this information Short Box 115 inch WB (2,921 mm. The long Box 127 inch WB (3,226 mm and the Longhorn had a 133 inch WB (3,378 mm.

The overall length for these pick up vehicles 188,5 inch (4.788 mm) Short Box. Length 207.75 inch (5,227 mm Long Box. Length 213.75 inch (5, 429 mm) Longhorn and the last is the Longhorn Stepside having the length 217.75 inch (5.431 mm).

In checking the scale I used the overall length Longhorn box and the 1/48 or O Gauge and derived at this answer. The 1/48 scale resulted at 113.104 mm while the caliper gauge showed a slight difference in length 113.96 mm showing .8 hundredth of a mm. The width and wheel base also was slightly under scale in my opinion that is nothing like a bit more paint applied for the 1/48 scale and she would be spot on.

I found a breakdown version and that might be what fits into those cutouts and slots. Something to look for.

Then again it could be a campervan like this one in 1969 advertisement.

Edit: I realise all the written articles about Gamda Koor Sabra were manufactured in 1/43 scale or British O Gauge does stand to reason. Like Jim Noble had written, the body was a bit long, although the width and length does indicate that the Pickup truck does equal to the scale of 1/48 scale.

Cheers.
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #17

Platinum Boarder
This is my only model from Sabra.

including the paper work and coin

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #18

Platinum Boarder
Well if you're only going to have one, that would be a great example !!!!!

Mint with garage and card and even the coin! Nice model !!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #19

Wow that is a superb car. Never knew or seen the coins and the slip. Thanks for showing

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #20

Platinum Boarder
I purchased this over 20 years ago at a toy fair , never knew that models were made in Israel so paid the £5.00 for it because it was so complete .
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #21

Platinum Boarder
Great Car and Great Price too. Always nice to find you have found something nice and clean like this. I find it interesting that they only put Chevelle Station on the box as it is a Station Wagon or as the Brits like to say, Estate Car.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #22

Platinum Boarder
Fabulous find! Thanks for showing!

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #23

Platinum Boarder
The wording Chevelle Station could be to do with translation Jim is my only guess. All I can say your five pound investment could now turn it into five hundred pound asset. What a find! An export model that were sold under the banner of Sabra Super Cars 1/43 scale, were manufactured between 1969 until 1972. These Sabras were tooled up mainly concentrating on those unique models that European model makers were not producing at that period of time in history.

To have all the paper information including the coin that could be used to redeem discount on the buyers next purchase, does add that extra value to your find. Wonderful indeed as I am ecstatic to see such a find on PD.

Cheers.
Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #24

This lot is for sale on Ebay now, only 3499 euros. Interesting description of all the availble number of cars.

ad number 252644277563

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #25

Platinum Boarder
Would be nice to have. I will ask the wife. Hmm don't like my chances. Note, some of those military vehicles on top of the display were produced from the old DCMT and Kemlow dies that kicked started Gamda into the diecast toy industry for a short while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #26

Platinum Boarder
EUR 80 per car seems a bit high, even if you throw in the books for free!  but it's a great collection.  Wow!

Only thing missing is the book on Gamda/Sabra: Israeli Die-cast Model Cars

[I looked in my copy but I did not see anywhere where he talked about 1/48 scale!]

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #27

He did not sell it I think, perhaps the askingprice was too much

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #28

Platinum Boarder
I see that although it has been relisted again.
  • Page: