Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel

Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
I notice there's no specific thread for these apart from some posts on a VW Beetle which Teedbok bought but I have a few which are below:

The late 60's later generation Chevrolet Corvair Monza coupe. I restored this one with Flowers wire wheels

Then a 2nd generation Buick Riviera (first diecast firm to make this car type I think)

And the '66 Ford Mustang notchback

The Chevrolet Impala coupe

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #2

I have restored and sold a few over the years. The only thing that makes restoring hard on these model is the plastic base. You need to be very careful drilling out the rivets, a mistake is easily made.
Last Edit: 3 years, 11 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Yes indeed RNL - I nearly had the odd disaster when carefully trying to drill out the rivet on these but I find best to use a slow drill or a bit a time. Later 1970's Dinkies have plastic bases too which some need to be drilled, it's tricky. With a couple of these cars, I've had to glue in a carefully cut piece of plastic to fill the hole again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
A while ago, I posted a pic of my collection in the thread "In the mail today from Cam".

I had a few models but increased my collection drastically in one buy from Cam (another member here who sold off his collection).

I thought to repost the pic here since you have started a thread for these Israeli models.

If you are not familiar with these, the plastic boxes are actually little garages with an opening door for added play value

left to right, back to front.....

Chevelle Station Wagon Fire Chief red boxed
Ford GT white with red doors
Chevelle Station Wagon light blue
Cadillac Eldorado dark blue boxed
Chevrolet Impala red
Chevrolet Impala yellow taxi
Buick Riviera dark blue
Ford Mustang red
Chevelle Ambulance white
Pontiac Camaro black and silver

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tick, I remember Cam too from the "other" forum.

Thanks for the photo, I did try on the "search" facility on this forum to find a thread on Cragstans but I thought it would look like I was hijacking your thread, as it was about your new deliveries!

They can be found in the UK but are super common, although the Chevy Malibu station wagon seems to be one of the easiest to find. Others made include a Plymouth Barracuda and police car version of the same Chevrolet as the yellow cab. The garages are a nice idea but I've always bought mine loose.

The only non American car they seemed to make was the VW Beetle interestingly.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
As for hijacking, if anyone has something to add to any of my threads that is related to the topic I am happy to see your additions. I hope I have not offended you by adding my addition on Sabras to yours

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 11 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
No no, not at all Tick, very glad you did! Your line up certainly looks good and I am quite happy for anyone to Hijack any of my threads with relevant topical pictures and glad you are happy for me to do so too! Always good to read posts and photos from other like minded members!

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 10 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
I too now have the Monza, in original condition

Base plate on this one is "Cragstan" (not Sabra or Sabra/Gamda Koor)

Last Edit: 3 years, 10 months ago by Tick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I had to go hunting for these two not so perfect Gamda koor Sabra that I had picked up in a Sunday Market junk box back in the late 1990's.

The Ford Torino number 8121 minus its doors was no deterrent in buying, for the name on the base plate was knew to me and at 50 cents cheap as. So I just welded the doors up and a bit of bog fixed the rest.

Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #10

Platinum Boarder
The other find in the same box of junk was this Chevrolet Pick number 8122, was a little more complete apart from no tailgate. I had made a tin replacement that is now hiding somewhere. Painting was do with the rattle can method.

Last Edit: 3 years, 9 months ago by GunnerJim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Interesting and good jobs. No seen those 2 in the range before.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
Scale must be off or the makers did something with that box. Does it not seem too long for the truck?? At most it would be an 8 foot box. It is of a model year older than the '75 I owned. 1972 is the newest model that had front side markers like that.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Ian (toysnz), has done a pretty good job of describing the background to this company here...

toysnz.com/GamdaKoorSabra

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, Tick

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
thanks for sharing that, a good read.

Re: Cragstan/Sabra/Gamda Koor of Israel 3 years, 9 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
Indeed it is, thanks Rollerman.
  • Page: