Been Shopping....Other Brands
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Been Shopping....Other Brands

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 4 months ago #46

Platinum Boarder
''Morris or Austin''...

Actually it's both. It would have been made by Morris Commercials Ltd which was an amalgamation of the Austin and Morris light commercial vehicles companies.

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 4 months ago #47

Platinum Boarder
I learn something new everyday! Thanks!

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #48

Platinum Boarder
Picked this latest Budgie up a while ago, just getting around to the post

No.322 Scammell Routeman Pneumajector Atlas Carrier CO. Sugar and Flour

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #49

Platinum Boarder
Just got to love those Budgie toys. Good representation of Scammell Routeman cab over eight wheeler chassis. Lifting hoist looks impressive in working condition with only very minor paint chips is an excellent find. Did it cost much or did you pick up a bargain? Just like you I do have some toy vehicles that I have collected at the end of last year that I have not posted on PD. Just going through a slack period I guess.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #50

Platinum Boarder
No bargain. An impulse buy at $27 CDN (plus shipping which was pricey). But it was one I had personally not seen before and not going to be easily found locally so I grabbed it. Nice condition and complete.

Yes, I too really like some of these Budgies. I have only been turned on to them recently and have so far gathered a few.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #51

Platinum Boarder
When I first started collecting years ago those Budgie Toys were hard to find here in Australia.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #52

Platinum Boarder
I see a lot of them on ebay from the US so I assume the target market was US and Europe back in the day

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #53

Platinum Boarder
I never saw Budgie toys for sale - but I lived in the south of the US.  Lots of Matchbox, Dinky, Corgi back in the 1960-70s...   They are rare at the large Chicago toy shows so I think they might not have been imported here in the US much.  Just a guess....

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #54

Platinum Boarder
As far as I know, Budgie toys were a British brand. I don't know if they were ever exported but I would think not. Over the past 20 plus years of the internet and eBay I am sure there were lots bought by collectors in the USA and Canada as the were new to them and Budgie did different models too that were not in the regular British line ups. I have never seen a Dinky or Corgi Wolseley Police car for example.
WOW, THAT CAME IN WITHOUT EDITING.

SAME WITH THIS PICTURE.

This is the way I received it probably about 10 years ago now.

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by Nobleco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #55

Platinum Boarder
Have a look here for more Budgie...

www.diecastvintagetoys.co.uk/budgie-diecast-toys

Rollerman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, Tick

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #56

Platinum Boarder
There you go - the small ones were sold in  the US!  

www.diecastvintagetoys.co.uk/budgie-miniatures

World Toy House, Inc, St Paul 2, Minn!!!   - Advertised in Life from the late 1950s to early 60s.  No Budgie though...

Thanks, Rollerman.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 2 years, 6 months ago #57

Great Budgie Tick. with the mechanism in good working order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick