Been Shopping....Other Brands
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Here's where you'll find all the diecast forums dedicated to specific manufacturers.

TOPIC: Been Shopping....Other Brands

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 7 months ago #31

Platinum Boarder
Thanks

Mine is definitely the Somua not the Saviem. The seller actually advertised it as JRD which was taken over by CIJ. However, the base of the tractor unit clearly has the CIJ stamp. So  really not sure if this could be a Norev.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 7 months ago #32

Platinum Boarder
The Norev link shows that theirs has the extra side wing post.  Yours does not so it should NOT be a Norev! 

www.norev.com/en/catalogue/7368-somua-remorque-citerne-bp.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tick

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 7 months ago #33

Platinum Boarder
Ahhh I see now. Great catch Karls thank you!!!

So it seems mine is earlier. Great !!!!

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 3 months ago #34

Platinum Boarder
The last year or so I have been having a liking for Budgie. I just purchased three from a collector in western Canada who posted his collection on a classified site (Kijiji). I will post those when they arrive in the mail. But this one has been eluding me. It comes up on ebay every once in a while, but I get out bid. A local dealer I regularly buy from happened to have this one and I grabbed it before he could post it. Nice having a  dealer friend who can eliminate the bidding competition for me.

Anyways, the trailers stand/wheels has a broken piece but not noticeable until you pick the model up and look underneath. Besides, the trailer is not detachable anyways so it has no purpose other than esthetics. It was missing two tires but I had a beater Budgie with the same tires so luckily had the spares. British Railways decal above windshield has almost all rubbed off but the container's decals are great. I am pretty sure the decals are available on ebay.

Budgie No 252 British Railways Austin Lorry/Container Transporter

Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Tick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #35

Platinum Boarder
Another new Budgie, No. 244 Budgie Towing Service all original but missing string and tow hook

The following user(s) said Thank You: karls, RoutemasterNL, CollectorandrestorerMark

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #36

Platinum Boarder
Very nice, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement hook. I have the Austin but with a flat bed trailer.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #37

Platinum Boarder
Great looking toy and looks to be in great condition. The hook is available from SF. I restored one of these some 9 or 10 years ago and it was not hard. Matching colors was easy and tires, hook, winder, roof searchlight and decal set are all available as spares. Nice score.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #38

very good score Tick, it is a great looking towing truck.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #39

Platinum Boarder
Andy66 wrote:
Very nice, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a replacement hook. I have the Austin but with a flat bed trailer.

Mine is the flat bed too. The container just sits on it. Yours is probably missing or is it a completely different model?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #40

Platinum Boarder
Nobleco wrote:
 The hook is available from SF. 

I did not see the hook on SF website. Are you referring to a generic one or does he actually have Budgie parts? I did not see a Budgie category on his site

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #41

Platinum Boarder
You have been on a bit of a spending spree over this last 7 months or so Tick and you have picked up some good ones at that, like those Universal from 1977.
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #42

Platinum Boarder
Some of them stretch beyond 7 months as I don't always get around to posting items right away, but yes I have been indulging. Need to reel it in a bit though. Spending too much.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #43

Platinum Boarder
That is a nice recovery truck, Loosely based on a Morris the baseplate has a strange inscription...'Budgie Towing Tender and Breakdown Truck' quite a mouthful!!

It was in production during 1961-1965.

Rollerman.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #44

Platinum Boarder
Tick wrote:
Nobleco wrote:
 The hook is available from SF. 

I did not see the hook on SF website. Are you referring to a generic one or does he actually have Budgie parts? I did not see a Budgie category on his site

Actuall Budgie parts as they are listed under Odds and in the Budgie section. Look again. I have bought and sold quite a few over the years but I don't have any in stock now.

244 Austin recovery hook
244 Austin recovery cab roof searchlight
244 Austin recovery winch and handle (2 parts)
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Nobleco.

Re: Been Shopping....Other Brands 3 years, 2 months ago #45

Platinum Boarder
Actual Budgie parts as they are listed under Odds.......

Ahhh, I see them, thanks Nobleco !!!!!
I didn't know he had Tekno stuff either

And yes Rollerman it is a mouth full. Thanks for providing the date. Why wouldn't they put the actual model and make I wonder. Is it based on the Morris or Austin?
Last Edit: 3 years, 2 months ago by Tick.