wrong release number, just a packaging error???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Lightning strikes here! This forum is all about JL - new and old!
  • Page:

TOPIC: wrong release number, just a packaging error???

wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
hello i have just recently picked up a johnny lighning 55 lincoln futura (black version) i have a few of these but this one i noticed had the wrong release number on the package. it is the number 1 instead of 33. have any of you jl collectors ever seen this before on any of your purchase's. any thoughts

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #2

If I'm reading the card right, this is the first release of #33. I think what they are referring to is that this is series 1 and car number 33 in the first series. Some companies, for instance Jada call their releases waves. Greenlight and M2 call them series, so may be that JL is calling their releases, release.

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #3

Fresh Boarder
hi thanks for the reply, i thought it may be something like that but i searched the j.l. website and checked all the cars that have/had a #1 release number. i could find no futuras with the #1. i have emailed the people @ johnny lightning.com to see of they could shed some light on this. will let you know what they say if they get back to me. regards dan

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #4

I've had some manufacturers get back to me same day, and some take weeks to get back, if they do at all. To make sure I've got all the info right, the number 1 you are referring to is the "series 1" on the front of the blister, next to the www.johnnylightning.com and the R33 is the number 33 you mentioned?

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #5

Fresh Boarder
hi yes you have the info correct. here is an image of some of my other futuras and they all have release 33

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #6

Platinum Boarder
Now I am confused. Yours clearly show a Release 33 on the black area below the cars. There is also a R33 in a circle on the right hand lower corner of the card. The first car you show has a Release 1 on the black area below the car and the same R33 in the lower right corner. What is the difference between the two cards or is it a misprint.

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #7

Fresh Boarder
i'm just confused most of the time LOL, seeing as i could not find a release 1 futura on the JL website  i am thinking it is a misprint/packaging error. also there is absolutely no difference on the cards. it would be nice if the people @ JL would reply to my question about this. i can see with the quantities that are made how an error could happen but has anyone else ever come across one. i am building a futura collection for me and my two sons (their not into collecting YET!) i am hesitant to open the package so i can put the car with the rest of my JL futura's. if i give it to one of my son's who do i give it to as i treat them equal all the way.

regards dan

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #8

Platinum Boarder
also if it were a matter of wheels, but the middle one in the last picture appears identical to the one with the error print.

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
hello, I am looking for the black version, was there a White Lightning?

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #10

Fresh Boarder
well i guess i will just accept it as a packaging error unless i hear fromJL and they tell me different. i will keep it in the package (for now). thanks to all.

regards dan

Re: wrong release number, just a packaging error??? 9 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
I'll just stay confused I think
  • Page: