My Johnny Lightning collection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Lightning strikes here! This forum is all about JL - new and old!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Johnny Lightning collection

My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 9 months ago #1

I don\'t have a lot of JLs, most I\'ve had for several years, but things are looking up. My Wal mart has started stocking them again, so I\'m starting to find them on the pegs again.

From the 40th anniversary line:
1950 Oldsmobile

1950 Hudson Hornet

1965 Shelby Cobra

1965 Chevy Impala SS

1968 Chevy Camaro

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 9 months ago #2

From several years back, some drag cars and hot rods:
A collection of front and rear engine dragsters.

A couple Dodge pick ups, wish I had the Back Up Pick Up, but I\'m happy with the two of these...

Some hot rods and gassers

A 1933 Willys panel truck...

1950 Chevy Suburban, my most recent find...

Two of my favorites from back when, both re-issued several years back.

And the monopoly series that I have. I have the tokens for the loose cars as well.

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 9 months ago #3

I mentioned earlier in another post my love for the 1963 Nova. Here are the Johnny Lightning Novas I\'ve managed to grab. The 1961-1965 Novas were all of the same body style, and JL has done them as both 1963 and 1965 versions.

I also have a fondness for The GTX casting, which is also very accurate. Both the Nova and the GTX feature opening hoods.

And another Superbird.

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 9 months ago #4

I\'ll wrap it up with these three from WWII, well that\'s the series anyway...
GMC CCKW deuce and a half trucks, two early war closed cab and a late war open cab.
CCKW closed cab tanker from the Pearl Harbor series.

Open cab cargo truck from Pearl Harbor series.

Closed cab cargo with collectors patch sticker.

I know I have several more out there, if anyone knows which box I\'ve put them in, please let me know....

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 1 month ago #5

Senior Boarder
Nice models, liked very much the small pick up trucks, i didn't get those yet. Last week i got the ford f-150 truck, JL is always a good purchase

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 1 month ago #6

Yes they are. I've got to go back to looking on eBay for them. Wal Mart has stopped socking them again.

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 1 month ago #7

Platinum Boarder
They also went up from $2 to almost $3. That really turned me off of them.

Re:My Johnny Lightning collection 9 years, 1 month ago #8

Senior Boarder
JL have been very helpful in my 1:64 pick up search, the F 250 is one of my best pieces in this scale. 

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 11 months ago #9

Fresh Boarder
nice collection. those military trucks are nice. I have a few Johnny Lightning's in my collection, too.

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 11 months ago #10

The military trucks I bought at Toys R Us, when they were first issued. I see them come up on eBay from time to time, so they can still be found. The one thing I found that isn't accurate is the open cab, canvas roof cargo version listed as a Pearl Harbor issue. The open cabs didn't appear until well after the attack on Pearl Harbor. When steel supplies started to run low, one of the ways they saved was to switch to open cab trucks with canvas roofs and side panels. The fuel truck and the Lightning Brigade trucks are examples of the earlier closed cab or civilian cab trucks.

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 10 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Rob, here are some Johnny's that I manage to pick up at early this year at a Sunday market. It was one of those days when a summer rain storm sneaked in from Base Strait and dampen the spirits of some sellers.  I manage to bargain for them and got them at half price due to them getting a little wet.  I had forgot all about them because Toy Collector was being revamped I didn't or couldn't post them for some reason or another on here. 

So for $5 bucks each I think there were a bit of a bargain.

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 10 months ago #12

Platinum Boarder
I just had to have this one .

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 10 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
And this one two as it is a Ford.

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 10 months ago #14

Platinum Boarder
Henry Ford bought the Lincoln Motor Company in 1922 at fire sale price. Good on ye Henry. This 1957 Lincoln Premiere doesn't rate a mention in my good book on Ford America nor is it listed in the two Ford Books on Australia production. Sad to say this model at first glances is similar to the 57 Chevy to some degree but not entirely.

Re: My Johnny Lightning collection 8 years, 10 months ago #15

Platinum Boarder
I picked this one up last year and already had posted it under Military section.

• Page: