Got myself some Citroën... and opened them!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Diecast Liberation Front Group Forum: We open them!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them!

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #16

Gold Boarder
It has been quite some time I was here, but I'm back with more Citroën

This time I've got a Citroën DS19, 3inch model from Norev... I opened it ofcourse

miniaturescitroenscalemodels.blogspot.be...n-ds-19-norev-3.html

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #17

Platinum Boarder
Neat job. The box is still new.

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #18

Gold Boarder
I know they lose a lot of their value once they are taken out of the box. I try to make a descent cut, to make sure not to lose to much of the value in the future.

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #19

Platinum Boarder
They are there to be enjoyed whether sealed or taken out . I always remove stuff from boxes...just got to.

Cheers,Frame.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by frame69.

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #20

Platinum Boarder
Hey, it's exactly the same colors as the old Dinky #24cp (now reissued by Atlas) -looks cery good!

I fully understand why you took it out - some models are extremely difficult to do anything with or get any sort of enjoyment out of unless you open the packaging! A carded model like this, you can't put in a display case, you can't stack it with other similar models to show them together, all you can do is hang it on a wall or place in a drawer where you'll never see it.

Another thing is, that as long as it's 'hiding in the box', you can't take proper photos and only view it from a limited number of angles.

Regarding loss of value, I've made it a habit with the models I'm selling in blister boxes, to always take them out for photos for the auctions! Shock, horror! They lose value that way, right? Well, the reason I'm doing it is, that I think many partwork models (the ones most often found in blister packs) are much better quality than you'd think from a casual glance. I want to show potential buyers how much they actually get for their money, and the only way to do this, is to show it! So they may lose value, in theory, but I believe it actually helps attract bids. So even when selling, the question of opening or not opening may not be all black and white

Re: Got myself some Citroën... and opened them! 8 years ago #21

Gold Boarder
yeah you are probably right, I open up all my packages, just to be able to put them away in a showcase. I think as long as the original package is stored somewhere the value won't change a lot.
  • Page: