Tonka, Bandai, Nylint, Tipp, Buddy L, Ertl, Smith Miller... if it's made of pressed steel or tin, here's where it belongs!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Large Scale Triang

Large Scale Triang 6 years, 7 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
Here is a Ford Thames Trader car transporter, this is one of 2 I own the other is red & white & missing it's cars. These cars are blow moulded plastic & look to be Sunbeam rapiers, this set is hard to find complete. I think that it looks better with the Triang 1/20 Zephyr's on as they look more realistic, delivering them to a Ford showroom.

Re: Large Scale Triang 6 years, 7 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
The famous no.93 double decker bus & a fire engine

Re: Large Scale Triang 6 years, 7 months ago #3

I do remember getting a Milk truck with coloured bottles when I was very young.. early 60''s...similar or the same as this one...Had it for years..gone now.... tough as nails if I recollect...

Niall

Re: Large Scale Triang 6 years, 7 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
That's a nice model, I had the Highway one with bottles & it got broken hence the open lorry I have now

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 months, 1 week ago #5

Platinum Boarder
I started this topic up in my early days on here, & it only had one reply from Niall.
About fifteenth years ago a guy I worked called me to say this bus was on a stall at a car boot fair did I want it he said it was rusty & had the grill missing, I said yes & when I got it I stripped it down , started stripping the paint & lost interest in it. I bought a re-pro grill & front panel last year but could not remember where I had put it in my loft, so as clearing out the loft this weekend I found it, it is complete but needs a lot of work so let's see how I get on with it.

fallout 4 rifleman build

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 months, 1 week ago #6

Platinum Boarder
That rust will be easy to remove with Vinegar. Just need a tub large enough to hold it and a gallon of Vinegar. Tires will clean up with soap and water of they are covered with anything like paint Easy Off Oven Cleaner will do the trick for you.
With your skills this should turn out quite nicely.

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 4 days ago #7

Platinum Boarder
<p>Finding the bus out reminded me that I had a Thames Trader Tipper in my shed I again bought it years ago so the lockdown has now revived this toy , I need a replacement grill so will be keeping an eye out, I can replace the windows.</p>
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Andy66.

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 4 days ago #8

Platinum Boarder
Her are the pictures of the Thames Trader.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobleco, 143Madness

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 4 days ago #9

Platinum Boarder
I have ordered a grill although they won't post until Lockdown is over , positive is the lorry is restored & grill is ordered.

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 3 days ago #10

Platinum Boarder
Wow, what a change. Great job of it and I like the bright vivid color you did ii in. Just like the original must have been.
Thanks for showing this great truck restoration.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy66

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 3 days ago #11

Platinum Boarder
Looks like the bus once had a driver as there's a hole in the cab seat area lol

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 2 days ago #12

it really is amazing. So nice

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 2 days ago #13

Platinum Boarder
The grill is in the post so that will finish it off.
With regards the bus , as far as I know they never had a driver , with Triang you never know as they made all sorts they could have had in mind to put a driver in it , although what about a conductor & passengers it may have worked out an expense that they would not have got back

Re: Large Scale Triang 3 weeks, 2 days ago #14

Platinum Boarder
I think you may be correct Andy. I just spent a few minutes looking at all the pictures on the net about the same bus and did not see one Driver, nor any clippies either. It would be nice to have them though. I even say Triang Bus Beds for kids. Double deck and everything including livery Decals

Re: Large Scale Triang 2 weeks, 3 days ago #15

Platinum Boarder
The grill for the Thames trader came today, it finishes it off.
I found out my other Thames Traders , the blue one is complete & was too good to restore, the red one I restored around 20 years ago it is missing the ramp, the grill is different on the blue one as it did not come with working lights also I noticed on the red one, that the trailer looks as if it should have had another axle.

• Page: