Who knows more about this tin car?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Tonka, Bandai, Nylint, Tipp, Buddy L, Ertl, Smith Miller... if it's made of pressed steel or tin, here's where it belongs!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who knows more about this tin car?

Who knows more about this tin car? 10 years, 4 months ago #1

Platinum Boarder
It\'s about 1/55 scale, made of tin, say\'s MAde in England under the number plate (the number plate is - I believe - GTP 506)

Unknown_Tin_Car.jpg

Re:Who knows more about this tin car? 10 years, 4 months ago #2

Platinum Boarder
Looks like an American pressing, even though it says made in England, of about late 40\'s or early 50\' would be my guess. Do you know or is this a question. If a question then this is in the wrong catagory. Let me know if this is  guessing game or not so I can move if need be.
Jim

Last Edit: 10 years, 4 months ago by Nobleco.

Re:Who knows more about this tin car? 10 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Ooops, the wrong forum?  Please move then.

Re:Who knows more about this tin car? 10 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
GTP = Glam Toy Products

They made a variety of vehicles in tin plate from the late \'40\'s to the early \'60\'s. These included variations on the car pictured - taxi, fire chief, police, military staff car - all with a  working feature, railway locomotives and a slightly larger group of cars which included a police car. I guess they were made in London and were budget offerings.

They are all of American outline vehicles and some of the pressings were made in the USA by Argo.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Chris 

Re:Who knows more about this tin car? 10 years, 4 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
A picture of the underneath could also help identify this tin toy, which looks like it may have the flat base crimp around the body type. The wheels should be fitted through the inner side of the base plate, where the tabs of sheet metal from the wheel slot are turned upwards allowing the axles to be slotted through the holes in the tabs. These tabs are the residue of stamping out the wheel hole access slotted area and are usually trimmed in the stamping process, then folded inwards. That\'s if it is the tin type toy I am thinking about. Could have been made in Germany too.
  • Page: