employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Semis, artics, pickups, vans, road trains - whatever they are and whatever you call them, if they're used to transport stuff, here's where to talk about them.
  • Page:

TOPIC: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work

employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 4 months ago #1

Fresh Boarder
I have collected a few models of vehicles that represent those of my former and present employers, Does anybody else do this or have models of vehicles they formerly or currently drive.

I am not a truck driver, just a wannabe one.

OK first is a Matchbox Convoy of a DAF SpaceCab tractor pulling a Duracell liveried trailer, Duracell didnt own any of their own trucks at this time but used LEP international to ferry components made in England to Belgium for assembly, and then return with finished batteries for the UK market.  LEP had 2 trailers liveried similar to the matchbox model but all the tractors were either in LEPs red livery or that of a sub contractor.

Next is a WellsBrimtoy model of a 1950s bedford s type with a Liquid Oxygen tank body. My present employer is BOC Gases (formerly BRITISH OXYGEN COMPANY) and this is what they would have operated in the 1950/60s on bedford or Albion chassis, the tanks changed later to more conventional cylindrical styles

I find this a strange choice for a childs toy because it as very little play value for its intended purchaser, surely the tippers and open lorries had more play in them.

A late Corgi Model of a Scammell MU with a frameless tank trailer for carriage of Liquified gases, although this one is labeled "Liquid Oxygen" the real tankers were used for other liquid gases such as Argon, Nitrogen, and Co2, some where I have a photo of the real thing.

This is a Winross model of one of the tankers operated by BOC in the USA and Canada, They also operate similar trucks in Australia to both as semi trailers and road trains.

This was given to me by one of our UK managers who happened into our workshop one day a caught me spray painting a restoration I had in progress at the time, He mentioned that maybe he could help out with me doing some work for the company rather than my own work, 3 days later in the internal mail this model turned up in its presentaion box with a compliments card saying " Hope This saves The Company Some Time, Enjoy" which was better than getting reprimanded or fired I suppose.

Somewhere stored away I have two models that have been adapted to look like those my father drove, also some others to represent the vehicles he drove for various companies during his working life.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 4 months ago #2

It is a great topic! I am sorry I cannot contribute, because I don't have a company car. We only have a few Audi A4 stationwagons, and a MB Vito bus

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 4 months ago #3

Platinum Boarder
Check out RVREVO's post on the Citroen he is converting into the truck his Dad drove in Holland.for the ANWB
You can view it at the link below.
www.planetdiecast.com/index.php?option=c...1928&Itemid=2455
Welcome to the site, sundanceuk.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 4 months ago #4

Platinum Boarder
Done a few of the little vans, scale 1/67 is an Majorette Acadiana box and chassis with an MCQ chinese 2CV front.
Another is a Plastic 1/24 kitset converted with a lot of cardboard.
Best attempt was using a Matchbox-Dinky 1/43 conversion with a rear box of a white meyal kit.
This one from Solido came out this year.
However, I might need to mix it up with my other vqn I got earlier.
Hqve plans

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 3 months ago #5

Platinum Boarder
Hi sundanceUK  this is a project i started a few weeks ago , the firm i work for do not have there own lorrys ,to move their machines they have to be moved by wide load contractors.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 3 months ago #6

Fresh Boarder
Looking good there Luff, LHH livery is well know across the UK.

So what does you employer make that requires STGO vehicles like this.

What scale is the model.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 3 months ago #7

Platinum Boarder
Hi sundanceuk  the box still has to be finished as the first picture
lifting bars and logo.

this picture shows what is in the box , only part of it going for spraying

the company make turbo generators for all around the world from 45 mw  to 70 mw 

the model is corgi 1:50  but with a nooteboom tri axel trailer resprayed blue from red  

Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by LUFF.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 3 months ago #8

Fresh Boarder
Look forward to seeing the finished model, I like the Slogan on the side of the box, Shame we havent got more industry to be proud of, Even my employer "British Oxygen" is owned by the Germans !!!.

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 2 months ago #9

Platinum Boarder
Hi Sundanceuk  just about finished the "BRUSH "  LHH model .

The following user(s) said Thank You: RoutemasterNL

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 2 months ago #10

Great model, well done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 2 months ago #11

Platinum Boarder
3rd of August is a family open day to celabrate  125 years 

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 2 months ago #12

Fresh Boarder
Great Model you have there, are you going to show it off at the family open day ?.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LUFF

Re: employers vehicles or vehicles you drive for work 6 years, 2 months ago #13

Platinum Boarder
Hope to, they are having an area with old photos of what has been made over the years
  • Page: