Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Semis, artics, pickups, vans, road trains - whatever they are and whatever you call them, if they're used to transport stuff, here's where to talk about them.

TOPIC: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks)

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years, 1 month ago #61

Platinum Boarder
Thanks man, I appreciate  your encouragement.

Dave.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years ago #62

Platinum Boarder
Here is a different one by Budgie toys

The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years ago #63

Platinum Boarder
Plastic Bedford made in Honk Kong while I think the Try-ang green hard plastic wind-up mechanical could be a Bedford going by the grill, while the yellow plastic might have some similarities to a Bedford by the grill too which was made in Hong Kong. Then again the green plastic Bedford look alike could be even a Karrier rendition. Who knows.

Note the blooper on the rear wheels one has been placed inside out.

Picked them up for a song or two from Trafictoys on eBay here in Australia with some other plastic renditions made in Hong Kong toys.

So come on PD members dig deep into your Toy Boxes as we are looking for some images on these Spot-on S series Bedford.

Cheers for New Years Eve and don't drink too much alcohol if you are going to drive.
Last Edit: 7 years ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years ago #64

I have a few Matchbox Regular Wheels Bedford trucks, Coca Cola and a tipper, no photos yet. Nice trucks you showed us James!
Last Edit: 7 years ago by RoutemasterNL.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years ago #65

Platinum Boarder
Those Matchbox regular wheels Coca Cola trucks 1-75 series are Karrier Bantam trucks. Although they have the same sort of styling which Bedford used which was modelled on the American trucks of that post war period. Interesting thou Karrier Motors have a great history on its own and we should start another forum feature on their history and those Matchbox Coca Cola and Karrier Refuse collector on their own. If my memory is working I think a few toy makers produced renditions of this particular design.

The Commer had something in common with the Karrier is that they were made by the same company during that period of time.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 7 years ago #66

Thanks for correcting me there James. You are right

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 6 years, 7 months ago #67

Platinum Boarder
Why am I posting this plastic body Hot Wheels here, is it looks like a Bedford, but it doesn't, going by the grill. It isn't a Ford, although it could also pass as a Chevy.  Who knows. Maybe Larry Wood does, somewhere in that incredible imaginary mind of his. This Rig was born in 2013 somewhere in El Segando CA good old USA. Called Mig Rig and I reckoned Hot Wheels should have named this racing track maintenance hot runner Mig Jim.

So what do you think this truck's original DNA was.
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 6 years, 7 months ago #68

I think it is based on a Bedford
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by RoutemasterNL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GunnerJim

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #69

Junior Boarder
Hi,

It is incredible what is possible to find in this forum...a complete  thread on Bedford. Lucky me. I have a question for the skilled ones...

I bought two Bedford Carrymore from Corgi. They are in good conditions though played. Does anybody know the color codes of these two lorries, for a light restoration I am intentioned to do?

Thanks!

Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Saltobravo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blackstone

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #70

Platinum Boarder
SB, before everyone will point at me, I don't know the codes. But you mention 'light restoration'. Does this mean you want to touch them up? Then you have to know the codes no doubt. Why don't you do a proper resto? It is not that difficult, and then it does not matter if the colours are not exact.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #71

Platinum Boarder
You could take those two TK Bedford along to a paint detailer who may have one of those new computerised spectrum viewer that will tell what the colour pigment mix or near enough so you can touch those Corgi Bedford up with. The other is a complete make over by stripping them down and doing a repaint job. Is that blue paint on the front windscreen on the left. I suggest as a new member to go to Forums on the left hand side of the screen at the top. The black and white writing box and select all Forums then look for Tips and Tricks and look through those threads on painting restorations and the such and you should find heaps of information on restorations or Code3's.

Cheers. James.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #72

Junior Boarder
Keesie, at the moment I have neither enough room nor the proper tools to do a complete restoration. This is something that will arrive later, when I will go to stay in a new home...

James, thanks for the suggestion, I will try..
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by Saltobravo.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #73

Platinum Boarder
Hi Gunnerjim the Hot wheels model
looks like a FORD COE

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #74

Platinum Boarder
You could be right luff look alike 1948 as I am more familiar with the 1947 jail bar job.
Last Edit: 5 years, 4 months ago by GunnerJim.

Re: Bedford S Series Lorries (Trucks) 5 years, 4 months ago #75

Platinum Boarder
Some code 3 models to add to the Bedford fun: